Sports Nutrition Fellowship - Olympic Sports
The department of WVU Olympic Sports Nutrition is seeking applications for a temporary Sports Nutrition Fellow who is hardworking, passionate and interested in working with Division 1 college athletes competing in the following sports:
- Women's tennis
- Women's Volleyball
- Men's Wrestling
- Women's and Men's soccer
- Men's and Women's Basketball
- Women's Track and Cross Country
- Men's and Women's Rifle
- Men's Golf
- Women's rowing
- Women's gymnastics
- Men's and women's swim and dive
The fellow will work more exclusively with specific teams as assigned by the Director of Sports Nutrition, but will be allowed some experience with additional teams if desired. Daily activities and schedules will vary depending on individual team lift, practice, meal, and competition schedules.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Manage fueling stations, including but not limited to: ordering, receiving, storage organization, and inventory management.
- Assist in management of fueling station volunteers/ students and operations.
- Complete body composition measurements and assessments via BodPod.
- Develop and implementeducational materials, team talks, cooking demonstrations, meal plans, and grocery store tours.
- Provide One-on-one counseling of athletes to determine the best and most realistic nutrition goals for health and performance.
- Assist in menu development for individual team meals and Olympic Sports Training Table.
- Maintain ongoing communications with interdisciplinary team members regarding nutritional issues affecting student athletes.
- Assist in content creation and posting to WVUfuel social media accounts.
- Attend assigned team practices, meals, and competitions.
Pay Grade: 12
Length of Assignment: 8.5 Months
Work Hours:Must be willing to work unconventional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Predicted start date is August 9 (flexible)
- Associate's degree in Nutrition Sciences or equivalent required. Bachelors Preferred.
- At least six (6)months of sports nutrition-related experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding and willingness to adhere to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong understanding of food safety.
- Strong and dependable work ethic.
- Strong leadership, social, communication, and organizational skills.
- Registered Dietician or Registered Dietician-eligible required. Must also be eligible for licensure in the state of West Virginia.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.