Perkins Pathway Navigator
Lead recruitment efforts and the development and implementation of existing and future initiatives, with a focus on enrolling students in underrepresented populations. Works collaboratively with Workforce Training Academy, Continuing Education, DMACC Business Resources, Secondary Programs, Academic Affairs, and other college programs and committees.
Advise students in all phases of academic and career planning, including program and course information, scheduling, registration, transfer requirements, articulations with other educational institutions and graduation requirements. Advise, coordinate and refer students with specific learning needs regarding the identification and utilization of support services to assist in student success. Assist students in connecting to community resources as necessary.
Assist students in identifying goals, developing career pathways, and providing career guidance in order to achieve successful transitions to post-secondary education, training and/or employment.
Provide case management for clients including case notes and all other necessary documentation and electronic case updates including, but not limited to, enrollment, and application forms, employment plans, educational plans and registrations.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of advising, recruitment, promotions, admissions or related experience (Master’s degree can substitute for one year of experience).
- Knowledge of current college educational and student services procedures and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare and deliver public presentations.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of current software applications.
- Experience with post-secondary and workforce preparation strategies, job search placement services, and career and vocational education.
- Expressed understanding of finding solutions to help students overcome barriers.
- Knowledge of best practices in educational and student services.
- Work experience with an educational institution engaging with a diverse student population.
- Ability to speak and understand a language in addition to English.
- Lift Floor to Waist < 10 lbs
- Carry < 10 lbs x 100 ft
- Push/pull horizontal 10 lbs x 18 in
- Lateral Pinch
- Forward reach
- Neck Flexion, Extension & Rotation
- Fine Motor Coordination
- Hand & Foot Coordination
- Ability to be Mobile
Mobility accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and determined by the essential functions of this position.Physical Demand Category: Light