Assistant Professor of Nursing
Stephens College seeks a dynamic student-centered educator for the undergraduate nursing program. The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm, experience, and energy to the newly developed and innovative BSN nursing program.
- Support the mission, vision, and ideals of the College and the Nursing program.
- Engage in teaching, scholarship, and service activities as defined in the Faculty Personnel Policies and the Constitution of the Corporate Faculty.
- Serve as principal faculty in the Nursing program with assigned teaching duties based on background and experience in didactic, clinical, laboratory, and simulation settings.
- Provide academic advisement to Nursing students.
- Develop courses and teach undergraduate Nursing.
- Oversee the clinical, laboratory, and simulation learning experiences.
- Contribute to accreditation and registration requirements.
- Facilitate program assessment and evaluation.
- Provide service to the college and profession.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of curricula and programs.
Stephens College is committed to the promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
Education and Experience:
- Current active licensure to practice professional nursing in Missouri and has never been disciplined in any jurisdiction.
- MS in Nursing from an Accredited College or University that includes a clinical component.
- Record of clinical experience, more than 3 years.
- Ability to flex teaching style to a wide variety of learners.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal communication skills.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing from an Accredited College or University.
- Doctoral research experience.
- Experience teaching baccalaureate level nursing, prelicensure.
- Experience with accreditation and program assessment.
- Experience in engaging undergraduate students in research opportunities.
- Ability to teach across specialty areas.
- Specialty certification.
- Multiple areas of expertise including medical-surgical nursing.
Salary and benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary package commensurate with your education and experience, we offer a fulfilling work environment.
About Stephens College:
Established in 1833, Stephens College is a comprehensive Master's institution with a robust undergraduate women's college preparing students for successful careers in business, communication, fashion design, education, creative writing, filmmaking and the health sciences (including a new nursing degree program jointly owned and operated by a local private healthcare system); a new co-ed Conservatory for the Performing Arts launching in August 2022; and thriving co-ed graduate programs in the health sciences (Physician Assistant, Counseling, Health Information Management), and the performing arts (MFA in Script and Television Writing located at the Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles).
Located in the heart of Columbia, Missouri - ranked as one of the top university towns in the nation and home to the University of Missouri - Stephens offers students all the social experiences and benefits of an SEC university town, in combination with all the personal and academic benefits of a small, individualized, student-focused private college on 50 historically beautiful and wooded acres in the center of the city. Rated in 2021 among the top colleges in the country by the Princeton Review, Stephens was ranked by U.S. News & World Report as #36 among all Midwestern regional universities and #3 in "social mobility" for its success in accepting, supporting, and graduating first-gen and disadvantaged students.
Stephens says yes first. As a result, it is the pet-friendliest campus in the nation; home to the first all-women's competitive esports team; and the only college that requires every student to complete a non-credit Career and Professional Development curriculum of more than 20 learning experiences and assignments as a graduation requirement. Stephens operates its own pre-K/elementary lab school; its own professional summer theatre in Okoboji, Iowa; its own student-designed and operated campus store selling student-designed fashions and accessories; its own equestrian stables offering academic and recreational riding; and its own hybrid online graduate degree in script and television writing that meets for 10 days every semester at the Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB