G3 Success Advisor
G3 Success Advisor
Position Number: 29400003
Job Open Date: 05/27/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Southwest Virginia Community College is seeking two G3 Success Advisors. One will work with the Dean of Workforce Development and Continuing Education and the other position will work with the Dean of Student Success. The purpose of these positions is to proactively serve potential and current students with identifying career and program pathways that align with their personal goals. In addition, these positions will assist students with registration and on-boarding for programs as well as maintaining contact with the students after enrollment is complete. These positions will communicate regularly with students, maintaining records of student outreach and other interactions, making connections to available college and community support services, and assisting with academic interventions when necessary.
The primary role of these positions will be in on-boarding and supporting students in G3 credit or workforce programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or a combination of equivalent education and experience, minimum of Associate’s degree required;
- Knowledge of barriers to educational success and a desire to help others each their educational goals;
- Experience working with racially, ethnically, economically and age diverse individuals;
- Strong interpersonal skills to help engage, provide support to, and motivate students;
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to effectively follow up and follow through;
- Effective oral and written communication skills,
- Effective problem-solving skills,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Proficient in use of technology, including Microsoft Office and Google docs;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team;
- Desire to learn and grow as professional needs arise.
Must be caring, organized, communicative, and flexible.
- Preferred qualities include a degree in a related field, such as counseling, human resources, social services, or adult education.
- In addition, a work experience in a higher education setting in advising or coaching, knowledge of financial aid and scholarship information, and working knowledge of PeopleSoft and Navigate, are preferred.
- Knowledge of workforce-to-academic program pathways.
Please visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/34279 to apply.
Virginia’s Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.