Director of Marketing and Communications
NATURE OF WORK
The Director of Marketing and Communications will serve as a visionary leader who will strategically guide the marketing and communications of the university; while leading a group of dedicated marketing and communications professionals.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree mass communications, journalism, public relations with three years of university marketing and communications experience, or a combination of relevant experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and execution of a communications campaign constantly communicating university accomplishments (including those of faculty, staff, students, and alumni) using various communication channels (e.g., publications, social media, website, videos, brochures and other) to position the university very well for successful friend-raising and fundraising.
- The successful candidate will effectively use strategies to enhancing the university's brand and distinctive identity through marketing, media, social media, publications and the internet.
- The successful candidate will strategically market and promote the university's programs, events, faculty/staff and student achievements to internal and external audiences.
- The successful candidate will possess strong strategic, creative, and project management skills with excellent writing skills. Provide technical skills that utilize traditional marketing/communications strategies, and current digital marketing, to create, edit and execute effective communication deliverables that align with the university's strategic plan.
- The successful candidate will:
- Write prompt and impactful news stories, press releases, and other public relations and editorial materials for the university website.
- Develop and distribute executive level communications, create engaging presentations and publications.
- Promote and protect the university's brand and reputation among external and internal constituents.
- Develop a strategic plan related to enrollment marketing.
Candidates will be required to provide 3 examples of professional work they have lead the development of and or execution of related to marketing and communications. These will be required at the time of interview.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB