Director of Institutional Reporting & Academic Projects
Posting Number: WPU0028017
William Peace University is a nationally-ranked, award-winning institution located in one of the best cities in the United States in downtown Raleigh, NC. WPU provides a culture that values diversity, fosters an energized team environment, builds on our strengths, promotes creativity and innovation, and encourages inclusiveness, respect, and open communication by leading with our actions. Our mission is to prepare our students for careers in the organizations of tomorrow. The ideal candidate will have the ability to embrace the five core values, mission, and vision of William Peace University. Join our team and see why William Peace University was voted one of the Triangle's Best Places to Work in 2017! Follow your passion and make an impact at WPU.
Department: Academic Affairs
Purpose of Department
The Office of Academic Affairs provides leadership and services to promote academic excellence and student success. Committed to the undergraduate liberal arts tradition, Academic Affairs prepares students from diverse backgrounds to excel through rigorous interdisciplinary inquiry and immersive learning. We support a student-centered approach among our faculty and staff.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director supports Academic Affairs operations, focused on institutional reporting and academic planning. The Director conducts research and participates in studies and surveys institution-wide: collecting data, assisting campus partners in using that data, and reporting to various constituencies. The Director also supports Academic Affairs by coordinating projects related to production of the Academic Catalog, building the course schedule, publishing of the Fact Book and overseeing the Honor Code process.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Administer university-wide assessments (e.g., NSSE, SSI, PSOL, etc.) and prepare reports, including IPEDS, NCHED, and CDS.
- Assist with ensuring data integrity including creation of standard reports and processes
- Serve on campus committees.
- Share institutional research data and assessment information with the campus community as directed.
- Analyze campus data, identify trends, and work with Associate Vice President to compile recommendations for senior administration.
- Coordinate work with others involved in data collection and reporting.
- Contribute to efforts related to student success, progression, and graduation.
- Serve as first point of contact for faculty questions and requests; triage issues; resolve if able and escalate when appropriate.
- Maintain the Academic Catalog, creating and editing information as appropriate.
- Build the Course Schedule, partnering with Department Chairs and the Registrar.
- Update and maintain the university Fact Book.
- Chair the Honor Board and manage the process for reviews, hearings, and outcomes.
- Coordinate the course evaluation process and manage online results system.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to FERPA standards.
- Assist with the Institutional Effectiveness process as requested.
- Support Academic Affairs projects (e.g., summer camps) as requested based on initiatives.
- Collaborate with campus partners, including Information Technology, the Office of the Registrar, Retention Committee, and more.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and three years of relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Excel required.
Master's degree in related field and 4+ years of relevant academic experience; proficiency in Colleague and other data analysis tools. Experience in higher education.