Database Administrator III
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Database Administrator 3 provides support for Tulane University's database systems, including monitoring performance, directing version upgrades, maintaining associated hardware infrastructure, supporting the change control system, and providing support to application developers. The Database Administrator 3 is generally a Team Leader, but regardless of position, the individual in this position mentors other DBAs at junior levels; and works with other analysts/developers of the same levelRequired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, AIX UNIX, UNIX script, SQL*Net administration.
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle database structure.
- Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to strategize, coordinate, and implement solutions with development teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years of experience with Oracle database administration and support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years' experience.
This position is assigned to pay grade P4.27PREM. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that
you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our
Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close onthe date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.