Web Maintenance & Program Support Specialist
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
The Web Maintenance & Program Support Specialist is responsible for the overall implementation, use, reporting and success of the UMM Program Management System (Apex database). In addition, he/she is responsible for designing, maintaining and updating the varied websites for the programs in the UMM division using the University's redesign software, AEM.
The Web Maintenance & Program Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining the UMM Information System that tracks about 70 programs and events per year, with over 8,500 student, faculty, and staff program participants per year. The person in this position will train and work with each Program Director and their designees to design, configure, and manage each component of their program in the System, including registration forms, emails, marketing, payments into CashNet, monitoring, reporting, etc. The Specialist is the primary day-to-day liaison with ITS, facilitating that enhancements, troubleshooting, documenting, testing and reporting needs are met. Responsible to maintain the highest quality of data in the UMM Information System, this person maintains direct communication with the Program Directors and their designees, ensuring that all program milestones are recorded appropriately into this Division's system of record and works to continuously improve internal business processes and System functionality to reduce staff administrative time and ensure timely, accuracy and complete data. In addition, this person is responsible for designing and producing periodic reports for the use of Directors, the Vice President, other executives, and other interested parties throughout the University such as: President's Office, Institutional Research, Student Affairs, etc. Serving as the primary web services contact in the Service Center, this person maintains and updates information on websites for all Division departments (9), focusing on consistency of content and presentation. All websites must be current, user-friendly and meet established guidelines (web content accessibility which falls under Universal Design for Learning). This position will work with the departments to promote and manage new programs and events through the website. He/she will work with the Events Manager to ensure that new events are properly represented on the web and in the Program Management System. He/she will also assist with various Division marketing and communication initiatives.
Department: 012021 -Mission and Ministry Service Center
Position: 00013081 - Web Maintenance and Program Management Specialist, Mission and Ministry Service Center
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $44,100 to $55,150; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- At least one year of experience with Apex software
- Minimum of 1 Year experience in website management and support
- Skill and working knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager.
- Knowledge of web protocol, standards and guidelines; ability to identify and incorporate best practices into UMM websites
- Proficient in Google Drive software (mail, calendar, forms, sheets, etc.)
- Proficient in Apex and Filemaker Pro databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of various social media
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize projects
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or an ITS-related degree preferred
- Familiarity with BC's University and Administrative Policies
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.