Veterinary Environmental Services, PM Shift +7.5% Shift Differential Pay (Laboratory Support I)
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Laboratory Support I
Posting Number: 202100131P
Position Type: State Classified
Close Date: 06/21/2021
$2,500 per month + 7.5% shift differntial pay & FULL BENEFIT OFFERINGS
Colorado State University (CSU) and the State of Colorado are committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time classified employees in the following University benefit areas. https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-sc.pdf.Full/Part Time: Full-time
State Classified Hourly
Description of Work Unit
At the CSU VTH, we exist to educate the next generation of veterinarians by providing exceptional veterinary care and service to the community...every day. This work unit exists to care for the basic needs of animal at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, and to provide routine disinfection and service to all areas of the hospital, which serves as a teaching facility for veterinary students, as a medical facility for veterinary research, and as a public animal health clinic for exotic, large and small animals.Position Summary
This position exists to perform annual in-depth cleaning for clinical space within the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Animal Cancer Center. This will include the Critical Care Unit (CCU), holding wards, exam rooms, surgical suites, treatment pits, and Urgent Care (UC).
Note to Applicants: This position works Monday - Friday, 5:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m., and is eligible for an additional 7.5% shift differential pay.Minimum Qualifications
- One year (12 months full time 40 hours/week) of commercial cleaning experience.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Demonstrated ability to contain/minimize contamination on hallway floors.
- One or more year(s) of experience cleaning within a hospital setting.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with chemicals to clean/disinfect surfaces.
- Ability to operate and maintain automatic floor equipment.
- Safe cleaning practices.
- Attention to detail with work product.
- Apply disinfectant to every corner, nook and surface in cabinetry, counters, drawers, sinks, walls, and other surfaces using pre-moistened disinfectant flat mops and rags.
- Scrub surfaces to remove blood, feces, hair, urine, etc.
- Clean the inside and outside of lights, window ledges, and windows.
- Clean and disinfects laundry, recycle, and trash cans.
- Stock custodial supplies such as hand sanitizer, Kleenex, paper towels, diluted NDC spray bottles, and soap.
Job Duty Category: Custodial Care of Floors
- Sweep all floors before applying disinfectant by hand with a mop.
- Hand-scrubs floors to remove dried-on blood, feces, hair, mud, urine, vomit, etc.
- Machine scrubs floors during In-Depth cleaning procedures to remove build-up that might have occurred over several months.
- Use automatic floor scrubber to top scrub before buffing, or strip waxed floors of old wax prior to new wax being put down.
- Use of floor buffer to maintain floor shine and strength.
Job Duty Category: Other
- Performs other duties as indicated by need or as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience. Please note: Part-time experience will be calculated to determine the full-time equivalent.
- The Work Experience is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor's) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- Appointment to the vacancy or vacancies represented by this announcement is expected to be from the eligible list created. However, at the discretion of the appointing authority, the position(s) may be filled by another method of appointment for a valid articulated business reason.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s) and interview(s) which require candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates' own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org, OR the Employment Consultant facilitating the search process. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Colorado State University
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Colorado State University is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources - Employment Office, at email@example.com or call (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Essential Services Designation - Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare., Special Requirements/Other - Must be available to work holidays at supervisor's discretion.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523, (970) 491-1715.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.