Location: New Orleans, LA
Under supervision and using tools and materials for general carpentry, perform repairs, new installations, and preventive maintenance according to industry standards in the trade. Perform other tasks by assisting all other trades on the construction crew in assigned areas as directed by the supervisor.
This is an Essential Personnel position, which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver's License and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become an authorized driver
- Experience in layout and construction of both metal stud and wood stud sheetrock wall systems including hanging and finishing sheetrock wall systems
- Able to read and accurately interpret blue prints
- Able to climb ladders, lift and carry materials and equipment weight up to 50 pounds
- Capable of following directions and working with minimal supervision
- Required to pass a background check
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years' experience as a commercial carpenter
- Experience in construction of various door systems in walls and both sheetrock and suspended acoustical ceiling tiles
- Experience in millwork and floor finishing work
This position is assigned to pay grade T2.23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.