Community Outreach Worker - Rural Health (Greenbrier County)
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for aCommunity Outreach Worker. The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) INSPIRING HOPE Implementation Grant will address workforce development through increasing training, skills and access to recovery support services in Clay, Fayette, Greenbrier, Nicholas, Pocahontas, Summers and Webster Counties. The 24 month program will address the targeted investment priorities of reducing opioid and substance abuse, support workforce development and increase the ability of communities to capitalize on economic assets and opportunities. Outreach worker office will be located in Rainelle, WV (Greenbrier County).
The Community Outreach worker is a full-time position, located at God's Way Home in Greenbrier County. This position will work with the Program Coordinator(s), Community Partners and Principal Investigator to meet program goals and objectives for INSPIRING HOPE.
In order to be successful in thisposition, the ideal candidate will:
- Act as a liaison between conmmunity organizations and local citizens.
- Provide transportation schedule(s) and drive 15-passenger van in the service area for appointments, educational training sessions and other related activitiesfor individuals in recovery.
- Maintain van schedule and complete required documentationfor van and passengers.
- Work with community and state partners including Jobs in Hope and local resources to obtain permanent housing and identify employment opportuities for the target population.
- Attend team meetings with Program Director and Principal Investigators and Community Patners to coordinate servicesand meet grant requirements.
- Collect participant data, track services provided and develop a list of resources for participants.
- Assist Community Partners, God's Way Home, Clay Primary Care, Fruits of Labor and Seneca Health Services in meeting program outputs and outcomes.
Location: Rainelle, WV (Greenbrier County)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written skills to communicate with individuals in the program and community.
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Required to be detail oriented and able to bring an issue to focus and make decisions.
- Skilled at using current computer software, e-mail, fax, and other office equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to travel and work outside ofregular office hours if necessary.
- Valid US driver's license
About Research Corporation
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: May 27, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes