Administrative Support Assistant II (Student Unions)
Posting Number: req5418
Department: Arizona Student Unions
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe AZ Student Unions is seeking an Administrative Support Assistant II (Assistant to the Director) to join our team.
The Assistant to the Director supports the Director with the implementation and management of departmental initiatives and projects as well as ongoing office management. A resourceful troubleshooter, the Assistant uses independent judgment to help the Director to manage the overall office. S/he uses superb research skill and proficiency in writing and editing to create a variety of communication and including business reports, proposals, confidential compliance reports, slide presentations, and occasional emails. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of analytical skills to assist with preparation of presentations, reports, and training materials related to budgets, business reviews, strategy, internal audit and compliance; as well as a high degree of organizational and coordination skills to address ongoing matters related to overall office management, including calendar management, organizing, copying, filing, and following up on action items with others.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, confidential, enthusiastic, organized, compliance driven, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast paced environment and possess excellent judgment. S/he will be expected to be available during regular business hours, as well as additional hours, occasional, as needed to provide support and assistance to the Director and his senior team.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit http://talent.arizona.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses independent judgment to keep Director informed in all matter that may require attention. Determine how best to keep the staff current on urgent matters so that decisions can be made quickly when needed, with a minimum of redundancy of effort and decision.
- Anticipates and tracks critical dates, events and associated action items; follows-up with appropriate parties on behalf of the Director to ensure deadlines are met and keep track of seasonal events ensuring that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Drafts and writes correspondence, with/without supervision, for the Director including memoranda and letters involving advanced Word formatting of proposals and other documents.
- Creates/formats and arranges to send out publications.
- Provides support and assists in creation and editing of presentations, newsletters, and flyers of the highest quality for review by the Director.
- Manages daily schedule of the Director, ensuring that he/she is informed of their meeting schedule at least 24 hours in advance and keep appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary.
- Manages business travel arrangements including making all related arrangements, processing and tracking related expense reimbursements. Registers conferences, books airline, hotel, car rental, and other necessary functions for staff attendance at conferences, training classes, seminars, and events.
- Triaging incoming correspondence and information, summarizing, prioritizing, and screening items to be handled personally and forwarding remainder with necessary background materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Must be able to work occasional additional hours as needed to provide support and assistance to the Director and the senior team.
- Bachelor's degree
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.38 - $18.27
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.