Production Technician I (On-Call) (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req5224
Department: School of Music
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
These two positions are for on-call work for student and staff recitals which usually happen near the end of October through December. You will assist full-time staff with theater and building operations. Hours will fluctuate between 10-15 per week, when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the construction and dismantling of stage sets using power and hand tools; moves scenery on and off stage.
- Assists with room scheduling and recital recording management/distribution
- Sets up and positions seating, musical equipment and stands, microphones, backdrops and projection screens.
- Installs lighting equipment by following directions on lighting plot and focuses lighting.
- Runs lighting and sound boards for small events and routinely runs spot lights.
- Makes adjustments at rehearsal such as re-aiming lights and adding or re-positioning microphones.
- Loads and unloads equipment and props from trucks. Use of department truck to deliver equipment, instruments, and other stage equipment.
- Teaches students to build scenery with the use of hand and power tools; assigns work and monitors quality of work of students.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order by making minor repairs.
- Inventories and recommends purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Sweeps and mops floors.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, stand, kneel, and lift 30 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: TBD
Job FTE: 0.025
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Arts and Creative Services
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Show Production & Admin
Arts & Creative Services
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Carson Scott, Technical Director, Senior
School of Music
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.