Assistant Director, Alumni Outreach
The University of Akron is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Director of Alumni Outreach.
- Supporting alumni communications and further establishing an online presence for the office to improve alumni relations and encourage future alumni support of the University
- Assisting in the identification and engagement of prospective donors for the designated units, programs, and campaigns
- Supporting communication to the University's alumni and friends by providing oversight of the design, development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic alumni communications including, but not limited to, newsletters, alumni social media, mass e-mail, print materials and alumni website
- Administering Alumni communication through digital platforms designed to increase alumni and student communication and interactions
- Promoting general association and University relations through attendance at programs, athletic events, and meetings on campus, within the Akron community, along with regional and out of state events; attending alumni board and council meetings
- Planning and implementing programs, events, and services designated to meet the needs of those targeted constituencies as directed by the Office of the Alumni Association
- Maintaining strong working relationships with deans, faculty, alumni and other campus personnel
- Identifying and directing and monitoring the work of student and/or temporary workers
- Relevant Bachelor´s Degree
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
- Background in marketing, communications, design, social media or external relations
- High emphasis on professional writing skills and excellent oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and work effectively with groups and individuals
- Strong computer literacy and experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and travel
- Experience in communications position or in an university environment
About University of Akron:
As one of the largest employers in the region, The University of Akron is creating a community and workforce committed to making a difference in the lives of our students and in the region. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to qualified candidates who are passionate about shaping and inspiring the next generation of thinkers, experts, artists, and leaders.
The salary range for this position starts at $43,000 annually and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
For complete position details, visit
Job ID # 12936