Assistant Registrar For Degree Audit
Job Number: REQ_0000014305
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Office of the University Registrar is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team in the Degree Audit Department. This position will coordinate the daily duties for the Degree Audit and Athletic Eligibility team within The Office of the University Registrar.
Responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the Degree Audit system including coding of academic program requirements
- Responding to specific problems generated by users
- Participating in testing
- Analyzing processing issues, troubleshooting problems, and training/support of college and academic department staff
Additional responsibilities include:
- Analyzing and troubleshooting problems and errors with Update Academics and respond to problems/questions generated by users (college and departmental staff)
- Assisting the Associate Registrar with Suspending Update Academics and the conditional re-evaluation process
- Administering area policies and procedures, answering related questions from students, colleges, faculty, and alumni
Typically requires a bachelor's degree or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Required skills and experience include leadership experience, attention to detail, organizational skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, data analysis, ability to think creatively, and strong communication skills are essential. Additional knowledge preferred includes working knowledge of University policies and understanding the academic curriculum. Proficiency is needed in using LionPATH, Microsoft Office, and other electronic systems.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.