Banquet Attendant - Grade 11
Job Number: REQ_0000014017
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Prepare set-ups for banquets and special dinners
- Deliver and serve food items to guests' tables
- Butler food and beverages by serving items while circulating among the guests
- Ensure serving lines and buffets are maintained at proper temperatures and freshness
- Set up and restock buffet items
- Clear guest tables, buffet tables and reception tables during and after events
- Remove items to stand or kitchen as required
- Set tables with appropriate utensils, condiments, linen, ornamentation, etc.
- Keep condiment containers cleaned and filled
- Maintain side work areas in a clean and orderly fashion; keep stocked with appropriate items
- Maintain dining area in a clean and orderly fashion; as required, dust and polish furniture and fixtures, dry and polish silverware, and perform cleaning chores
- Ensure that all plate ware, glassware, serving and dining utensils, chafing dishes, linens, etc. are properly cleaned prior to service and after event completion
- Wipe off service plates, and as required wash service plates by hand
- Report unusual conditions to supervisor or individual in charge of dining area
Job Requirements: Requires the use of simple writing, adding, subtracting, whole numbers and the carrying out of instructions; and the use of fixed gauges and direct reading instruments and devices in which interpretation is not required. Up to and including 3 months of effective experience.
Work Schedule: Various
Days Off: Various:
Finance and Business is committed to fostering workplace climates where employees feel valued, appreciated, and respected. Further, Finance and Business operates under the ideal that valuing the dignity and respect for all persons is paramount to ensuring our operational success. More information on Finance and Business' commitment statement to Diversity and Inclusion can be found by visiting https://fandb.psu.edu/finance-and-business-diversity-statement. Additionally, more information about Penn State's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion can be found by visiting http://equity.psu.edu/psu-diversity-statement.