ARC INSPIRING HOPE Community Outreach Project Coordinator - Rural Health (Clay County)
The West Virginia Univeristy Research Corporation is seeking appplications for a Community Outreach Project Coordinator. The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) INSPIRING HOPE Implementation Grant will address workforce development through increasing training, skills and access to recovery support services in Clay, Fayette, Greenbrier, Nicholas, Pocahontas, Summers and Webster Counties. The 24 month program will address the targeted investment priorities of reducing opioid and substance abuse, support workforce development and increase the ability of communities to capitalize on economic assets and opportunities.
The Community Outreach Project Director is a full-time benefits eligible position employed through the West Virginia University Research Corporation, located at Clay Primary Care in Clay County. This position will work with the other Inspiring Hope Staff, Community Partners and Principal Investigator to meet program goals and objectives for INSPIRING HOPE.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Assure completion of key activities, goals and objectives within the 7 county service area.
- Oversee and support project activities as needed.
- Development of tracking forms and data collection tools utilized by Community Outreach Workers.
- Work with key partners, Community Outreach Workers and Principal Investigator (PI) to develop and implement marketing strategies for project components.
- Monitor and track project budgets, allocation and proper reporting to key partners.
- Provide progress reports to key partners, Principal Investigator, and grantee as required.
- Monitor and report outcomes and budget to ARC INSPIRE, partners and WVU Administration as required.
- Develop and implement a plan for regular communication and updates with key partners to facilitate collaborative input in order to fulfill the proposed project and ARC INSPIRE reporting requirements.
- Work with Pl to collect all data necessary for reporting requirements and program outcome reporting.
- Assist Community Partners, God's Way Home, Clay Primary Care, Fruits of Labor and Seneca Health Services in meeting program outputs and outcomes.
- Act as a liaison between community organizations and local citizens.
- Provide transportation schedule(s) and drive 15-passenger van in the service area for appointments, education training sessions and other related activities for individuals in recovery.
- Maintain van schedule and complete required documentation for van and passengers.
- Work with community and state partners incuding Jobs in Hope and local resources to obtain permanent housing and identify employment opportunities for the target population.
- Maintain a list of resources for referral of SUD/OUD individuals to obtainneeded services.
- Assist individuals with transportation scheduling to appointments and services.
- Attend team meetings with ARC Team Staff, Principal Investigator and Community Partners to corrdinate services and meet grant requirements.
- Collect participant data, track services provided.
- Complete certification.
Location: Clay, WV
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, psychology, public health or related field ORan equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.Master's degree preferred.
- Four (4) years of excellent verbal, listening, and written skills to communicate with individuals in the program and community experience.
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Required to be detail oriented and able to bring an issue to focus and make decisions.
- Skilled at using current computer software, e-mail, fax, and other office equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Abilty to travel and workk outside of regular office hours if necessary.
- Valid USdriver's license
About Research Corporation
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jul 7, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes