OWSI-OMS Lab Back-end Developer - Temporary
Is this an Hourly position?
Work Hours/Week: 40
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Description of Work Unit
The One Water Solutions Institute (OWSI) housed under the CSU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, provides world-class research and innovative technologies to promote collaboration between CSU and outside partners such as local governments, private sector/industry members and non-profit organizations. The Object Modeling Systems Lab (OMLab) serves as the software and technology development arm of OWSI and was established to promote the use of Object Modeling Systems (OMS) to collaboratively develop, provision, and deploy scientific models for analysis of natural resource concerns, assisting land management decision-making. OMSLab staff responsibilities are focused on following elements of expertise:
- Model-as-a-Service (Maas) development, validation, and deployment
- Continuous Integration and DevOps process
- Data Center (Cloud) hosting support with container-based deployments
- Natural resource business expertise for requirements analysis and design specifications
- Natural resource data provisioning
Fort Collins is an attractive community of approximately 170,000 located along the Colorado Front Range at the base of the Rocky Mountains, 65 miles north of Denver. The city is routinely recognized as one of the most desirable places to live in the United States. It consistently ranks high on quality of life measures by numerous publications; see https://www.fcgov.com/visitor/awards for the complete list.
The Front Range has developed into a high-tech hub with companies such as Woodward, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel, Keysight Technologies, Broadcomm, AMD, Xilinx, Ball Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Northrop Grumman located in or near Fort Collins. The city offers a pleasant climate with excellent schools and abundant cultural and recreational opportunities nearby. For more information on Fort Collins, check out the City's website: www.visitftcollins.com.Search Contact Email
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field
- Minimum of 2-years of experience building and designing web services.
- Minimum of 2-years of experience programming experience in Python, Bash, Java, and SQL
- Experience developing web services, supporting Web-based user interfaces written using React/Redux.
- Experience in web-based geo-spatial data representation, storage, handling, processing, and visualization and respective tools.
- Experience with open-source SQL/NoSQL databases, GraphQL API implementation.
- Experience using a development tool chain, version control, testing, and tracking systems in a collaborative software development setting.
- Experience in using build automation tools, shell scripting, container-based virtualization and orchestration, CD/CI workflows.
Civil and Environmental Engineering
$30-$40/hour, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications
Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for temporary employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/02/benefits-summary-hourly.pdfClose Date: 08/01/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
- This posting will remain open until filled, however for full consideration, applications (resume, cover letter, and email for three professional references) must be received by 11:59 PM (MST) on June 18, 2021. One to two people will be hired.
References will not be contacted without prior notification to applicant.Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.Diversity Statement
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
o Develop and implement high quality code, primarily in Python, Bash, and Java, that supports data processing and user interface visualization.
o Review, test and verify code to maintain quality assurance and control.
o Create, integrate, and deploy geospatial databases.
o Collaborate with project team to integrate analysis tools into web applications.
o Support the automated build and cloud deployment of web-applications and web-services.
Job Duty Category: Documentation & Reporting
o Establish and document workflow for software development.
o Prepare technical documentation.
o Provide training to project team, as needed.
o Other duties as assigned.
Minimum References Required
Maximum References Required