Proposal and Award Generalist
Job Number: REQ_0000014428
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The College of Engineering is seeking a conscientious and detail oriented individual to be part of the College's Research Administration Office. This position will perform work activities in a large volume, fast paced, complex, detailed and multifaceted environment that requires multi-tasking expertise, managing conflicting priorities, timely work production and the ability to solve complex problems.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Reviewing and processing grant and contractual awards
- Creating new accounts; budget funds into sponsored programs/Internal orders
- Administration of subcontracts from start to finish; maintain subcontracting files and database
- prepare and maintain financial records and post-award database; closeout of all externally funded research and gift accounts
- Assisting post-award coordinators in the management of sponsored projects which can involve budget revisions, no-cost extensions, preparation of financial reports and invoices for sponsored projects; monitoring of past-due progress reports, technical and/or final reports; coordination and/or tracking of mandatory and voluntary committed cost share; and monitoring of uncollected income/aging reports and delinquent accounts.
- During pre-award peak time, this position may be required to perform pre-award duties such as budget building and assistance with proposal submissions.
Typically requires an Associate's Degree plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, basic math skills and work effectively in a team environment. Knowledge of funding policies, regulations and procedures to determine allocability, allowability, reasonableness and consistency of costs with award guidelines to effectively guide and advise departmental offices on post-award closings and related issues is preferred. Knowledge of SIMBA, SIMS, SIMSbudgets, Access, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office is beneficial. Enrolled in or graduate of Penn State ACES preferred.