Multicultural Student Services Coordinator, African American Liaison
Classification Title: MnSCU Academic Professional 2
Working Title: Multicultural Student Services Coordinator, African American Liaison
Position Type: Staff
Division: Century College
Department: Presidents Office
Unit: CDO/Multicultrual Center
Location: White Bear Lake, MN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Unlimited
Work Shift: Days
Work Schedule/Hours/Days: Monday 9:30am - 6:00pm
T-Th 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Salary Minimum: $45,581
Salary Maximum: $66,190
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 214, MAPE
This position exists to support the access, persistence, retention, and success of all students from historically underrepresented and marginalized populations at Century College. The position works in collaboration with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Multicultural Center staff and Advising Center staff to coordinate and facilitate the learning and development of students; coordinates, develops, implements, and evaluates special initiatives and programs designed to increase student retention for historically underrepresented and marginalized populations; develops, implements, and evaluates activities and programs that educate the campus about diversity, equity, inclusion, and interaction across differences in a global society; conduct outreach and maintain relationships with external partners to support the success of underrepresented and marginalized students; and work with on- and off-campus students and stakeholders to create an institutional community climate of access, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide advising and support services to support student retention and completion.
- Maintains 150 student advising caseload including African, African American, and IMPACT or subsequent programs.
- Work with the MSC team to lead, develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate special initiatives and programs designed to increase the transitions, retention, and completion of historically underrepresented and marginalized students. Example programs include Power of You, IMPACT, and other grant-funded or college-designed programs.
- Develop and deliver Multicultural Student Center (MSC) activities and programs to help increase the cultural competency of college personnel and create an inclusive, positive learning experience for all students.
- Conduct outreach activities and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to support the retention and completion of students.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience related to a collegiate setting, e.g., admissions, advising, multicultural affairs.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and evaluating programs, events, and activities.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion including the ability to work with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and administration.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in data maintenance systems.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have good driving record.
- Master's degree in related student development field.
- Experience recruiting, coordinating, and managing students in educational programs.
- Experience with development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of new programming.
- Experience working with diverse populations and in diverse communities.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
This position requires successful completion of employment references and a driver's license background check.
NOTICE: Century College regrets that we are unable to offer visa sponsorships or assistance with other immigrant statuses. An applicant must be eligible to work at Century College at the time of application.
Welcome! If you are considering employment at Century College, you have made the right choice.
From the diversity of our campus, to the wealth of real-world experience in our faculty and staff, Century College is a great place to make a difference.
Century College is a community and technical college located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, on a beautiful 170-acre campus just minutes from the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
As one of the largest two-year colleges in Minnesota, we serve over 21,000 credit and non-credit students every year. Century College offers a safe, friendly environment, and small class sizes, providing the supportive educational environment needed to help students achieve academic success.
Century College is committed to supporting diversity in all forms. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AVAILABILITY:
Century College is committed to assisting all members of our community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Century College Department of Public Safety website at https://www.century.edu/home/public-safety
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can contact the Century College Department of Public Safety on East Campus room E1392 or by calling (651) 747-4000.
Link to Century College's Non-Discrimination Statement:
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical ($35.04 per month single and $239.02 per month family) and dental insurance with low deductibles ($150 - $1500), a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Posting Number: F050P
Number of Vacancies: 1
Close Date: 06/17/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Accept Applications: Yes
Posting Contact: Kim Claggett / firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Minnesota State system, along with Century College, is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. This includes recruitment, selection, training, promotion and all other benefits in college and university employment. Learn more about equity and inclusion at Minnesota State.