Administration Manager and Program Coordinator
Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position: Yes
Posting Number: 202100524AP
Position Type: Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Hours/Week: 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range
$51,000 - $59,000
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas. https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-afap.pdf.Desired Start Date
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on
Description of Work Unit
The Colorado Forest Restoration Institution (CFRI) is a Congressionally-authorized program within the Department of Forest & Rangeland Stewardship at Colorado State University with the mission to develop, compile, synthesize, and apply locally relevant science-based knowledge to achieve forest restoration and wildfire mitigation goals. The geographic focus of the Institute is the State of Colorado, the U.S. Southwest, and the U.S. Intermountain West. Visit the CFRI website for more info about our mission and work. https://cfri.colostate.eduPosition Summary
The Colorado Forest Restoration Institute seeks a team-oriented individual that will contribute to a program of work that advances collaborative forest restoration, integrated natural resource planning, and wildfire risk mitigation decision-making in Colorado and the Interior West. The successful candidate will work in a collaborative relationship with CFRI leadership and project managers to apply operational knowledge of CFRI and the university organizational structure and associated functions in several areas: contracts and grants, human resources, financial services, accounting, information technology, and purchasing to meet CFRI strategic and operational action plan goals, tasks, and deliverables. This Research Coordinator will also support the production of external facing science communication efforts such as written publications, website updates and other multi-media products, and live events that bring together academic researchers, natural resource managers, and their stakeholders to collaboratively co-develop solutions to emerging issues in forest and fire management. This position closely aligns with the university Research Coordinator series description found here: https://hr.colostate.edu/research/Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Demonstrated skills in office management and logistical coordination
- Demonstrated experience in business administration and finance management
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States before the employment start date; CFRI will not sponsor a visa for this position.
- Must have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain a driver's license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple work projects and types of activities with attention to detail and within project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively in teams, advancing outcomes with internal staff, external partners, and cooperators, while also working independently at a high level of proficiency.
- Experience in grant and agreements development, administration, and accomplishment reporting with diverse federal and non-federal funding partners. Familiarity with CSU's Office of Sponsored Programs and Kuali Research and Financial systems or similar software desirable.
- High competency and proficiency in computer systems, including experience applying organizational management tools such as Smartsheet, google suite tools, Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and Access, and other programs to track and coordinate the work of multiple people and projects.
- Experience with hiring processes and human resources compliance.
- Experience organizing in-person and online conferences, courses, symposia, workshops, meetings and project field work, including travel, accommodations, programs and agenda.
- Interest in and knowledge of current issues around forest and fire ecology and management in the western US.
- Experience with publication software, graphic design, and document layout for written or artistic technical and non-technical documents.
- Experience with electronic media communication tools, especially website development and maintenance using WordPress. Other multi-media communication skills such as video production and social media communication strategies desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders outside the university setting.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.Job Duty Category: Internal Coordination and Human Resources
- Support project human resources functions: determine staffing needs, salary, and skill sets. Develop job descriptions. Coordinate employee selection. Document processes for internal CSU human resources systems such as Talent Management System and Handshake, and onboard new employees with proper trainings.
- Support the hiring, coordination, supervision, and scheduling of student and/or temporary staff, including approving bi-weekly hourly payroll in TimeClockPlus.
- Coordinate with the CFRI leadership team to ensure staff is keeping current with emerging administrative issues. Facilitate training opportunities as needed to bring this knowledge to staff.
- Arrange and coordinate regular staff meetings, support developing meeting agendas, and facilitate scheduling and coordination of other meetings and activities.
- Support coordination of CFRI travel through securing vehicle, flight, and lodging arrangements, and complete necessary travel approval and reimbursement forms.
- Coordinate CFRI office, lab, and meeting space use, support electronic tracking and current inventory of field equipment and office supplies, and communicate with FRS, CSU Facilities, or other appropriate personnel to maintain functioning facilities.
- CFRI fun coordinator: support CFRI staff with logistical coordination and organization of CFRI happy hours and other social events, CFRI branding and apparel ordering, and other activities to support a fun and collegial work environment.
Job Duty Category: Business Administration and Program Management
- Act as an expert on business and administration processes and related data analysis and serve as a strategic advisor to CFRI Leadership Team.
- Assist with development and accounting of approximately $3M annual budget and projections of future budgets.
- Monitor budgets on a continual basis (currently over 40 project accounts), communicate with CSU business office and CFRI Leadership on account transactions and status, and collaborate with CFRI staff to approve and modify spending as necessary.
- Support CFRI staff with purchasing of materials and supplies and submit necessary documentation to WCNR business office in a timely manner.
- Evaluate customer service, business practices and supporting software programs to determine the need for improvements and increased efficiency.
- Develop, implement, and manage systems for agreement performance reporting, including facilitating efficient communication of responsibilities and timelines with internal staff and completing intermediate and final accomplishment reports for external partners and grants and agreement reporting close out and auditing.
- In collaboration with CFRI project managers, support development of grants and agreement proposals through compliance review of CSU rules and regulations, alignment of goals, tasks, and deliverables with other CFRI projects, developing budgets and writing budget justifications, and coordinating with CSU office of Sponsored Programs to submit proposals through Kuali Research or other appropriate software programs.
Job Duty Category: Knowledge Communication
- Support the administration, development, and management for CFRI website and social media platforms.
- Support production of technical and non-technical written documents through document design, layout and formatting, editing, printing, and electronic distribution.
- Support the development and production of multimedia communication tools such as videos, podcasts, ESRI story maps, etc.
- In coordination with CFRI Leadership, support development of CFRI organizational and marketing materials, such as strategic planning efforts, information brochures and briefing papers, and other products as assigned.
- Support trainings, workshops, and adaptive management processes, including coordinating event planning, securing venues, finance management, participant registration, arranging catering, note taking, audio/visual support, or other duties as needed. Conduct necessary travel to field sites and meetings to carry out project tasks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application materials consist of the following:
Three professional references.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver's License
Brett Wolk; Brett.Wolk@Colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.Minimum References Requested
Maximum References Requested