Director of Facilities and Energy Management
Title: Director of Facilities and Energy Management
Job Category: Administrative/Professional
Department: Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance-SIUC
College: Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance-SIUC
Position Summary: This position serves as the chief administrator of the Facilities and Energy Management (FEM) unit. This unit centralizes FEM Information Technology, FEM Accounting and Materials Management, FEM Human Resources and Payroll, Construction Management, Engineering Services, Building Automation and Facilities Operations Center, Building Services, Grounds Maintenance, Key Control, Building Maintenance and the Cogeneration Facility. The Director of Facilities and Energy Management reports to the Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, implement and evaluate the administration of units reporting to Facilities and Energy Management (FEM) to ensure efficient results that coincide with the University's mission and facilities plan.
- Formulate major policies and procedures, as well as long-range and short-range plans for operating units.
- Coordinate the delivery of essential customer and facility services by organizing the units within FEM in an effective manner which best supports the campus in serving the students.
- Provide fiscally responsible management while serving as the fiscal officer for the operation units.
- Evaluate personnel performance and staffing needs for FEM units.
- Maintain good working relationships with represented employees. Represent management in the negotiation of union contracts.
- Routinely inspect construction projects, buildings, grounds and related areas and equipment for safety, function, efficiency, quality, and compliance with all codes and regulations.
- Facilitate the development of an overall plan for repairs and renovations of University buildings and facilities; understand the impact of repairs and/or renovations on existing mechanical, electrical, structural, and related systems, and recommend the appropriate priorities for repairs and renovations.
- Work closely with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board on appropriated projects.
- Work with others to help ensure that the conditions of plans and specifications on construction projects are met by contractors.
- Ensure that all University facilities are maintained in a manner which provides a clean and safe environment.
- Manage campus utilities with a focus on efficient use of energy resources.
- Develop and direct contingency plans for extraordinary grounds and maintenance efforts under emergency conditions.
- Perform duties that may require strenuous lifting, bending, climbing or walking, as well as exposure to inclement weather, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management, Building Construction, Business Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of seven years of responsible administrative and management experience in facilities planning, design and construction and/or facilities maintenance and management.
- A minimum of five years of experience in personnel supervision in a related field.
- Strong management skills, particularly problem-solving and decision-making, and communication skills are required.
Security Sensitive: Security sensitive (subject to pre-employment criminal background investigation)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience at an educational institution, knowledge of craft union jurisdictions, experience working in a highly unionized environment, and appropriate professional certification are all preferred.Apply online at http://jobs.siu.edu
Deadline to Apply: 6/25/21 by close of business day (4:30pm)
Contact for further information: Matthew Baughman
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: 618-453-2341