Reimbursement and Credentialing Specialist
Location: New Orleans, LA
Responsible for all activities related to enrollment/credentialing and re-enrollment/ re-credentialing of all physicians in contracted Managed Care and Governmental Health Insurance Plans. Provide Management with the necessary data required in the negotiation of new contracts. Works with Business Services Staff in the resolution of provider enrollment/credentialing issues. Works in a highly complex environment with a multiple level of staff, management and physicians. Works with large volumes of data. Meets initial deadlines and follow up deadlines consistently. Interfaces with TMC and corporate HCA for delegated credentialing.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with physicians and their staff members
- Must be very organized and detail oriented
- Must be fluent in the use of Database spreadsheet and word processing software
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 2 years' directly related credentialing experience
- Familiarity with Managed Care Health Insurance Plans, especially credentialing procedures
- Experience with government payers, especially Provider Enrollment guidelines
- Experience with Symed software
This position is assigned to pay grade P2.25. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.