Program Coordinator - Office of Technology Transfer
The Office of Technology Transfer withWest Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator.This position provides the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) with administrative and program support utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents. The incumbent prepares legal papers and correspondence and assists with legal research. The incumbent will record information into the department's computer database, verify data, mailing, filing and preparing materials for submission to government agencies. This position serves as a resource contact for the OTT, independently using professional concepts and techniques, as well as organizational policies to solve a wide range of moderate to complex problems in imaginative and practical ways. Depth of skills, knowledge, and interpretive abilities, as well as some creativity, are required to successfully perform duties. Work effort often addresses non-routine matters within established protocol, guidelines, and/or policies. Work effort has significant impact on client services and operations, producing moderate to major organizational, legal and financial results and/or liabilities. Position duties may require oversight of projects or programs, including coordination of work by others providing support of basic objectives. This position reports to the IP & Office Manager of the WVU Office of Technology Transfer and normally receives no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments. General sharing of knowledge and team participation is expected in the role. Program, project, or activity lead and work coordination responsibilities may occur or be assigned in this position. Guidance or supervision of student workers or student interns may be required from time to time.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate:
- Provides program coordination and support services to inventors, case managers, patent attorneys, OTT staff and student interns, both internal and external.
- Coordinates OTT services including: (a) invention disclosure receipt, notarization, status tracking and recordation; (b) facilitates invention assessment process through Tremonti; and (c) prepares and disseminates appropriate materials for monthly TTAC meetings.
- Files and maintains accurate records of WVU Bayh-Dole reportable technologies through the iEdison system and other reporting paths.
- Coordinates with the Office of Sponsored Programs on filings relating to technologies developed under federal funding programs.
- Coordinates with Export Control on disclosures that require screenings due to international inventors or entities.
- Monitors material transfer agreements through Adgene and creates records in the Sophia database as appropriate.
- Assists IP & Office Manager in research of application and patent data to ensure accuracy of records in Sophia.
- Assists IP & Office Manager in maintenance of Sophia database in order to track and retrieve documents such as patents, disclosures, agreements, etc.
- Serves as first point of contact for visitors and callers to the OTT main telephone line.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) yearsof experience providing program support.
- Basic understanding of the patent application procedure and nature of licensing business.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
- Basic knowledge of legal terminology, laws, legal codes, and government regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer utilizing various word processing packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. for reports, graphs, mailings and presentation development.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Skilled at creating correspondence, reports, proposals, mailings, charts, graphs, forms, presentations and memorandum.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, to draw and interpret bar graphs in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong attention to details capability is crucial to this position.
About Research Corporation
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.