Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position: Yes
Posting Number: 202100517AP
Position Type: Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Senior Management Level I
Work Hours/Week: 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas. https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-afap.pdf.To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on
Description of Work Unit
Colorado State University's (CSU) Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) invites nominations and applications for the position of Director of Sponsored Programs. Sponsored Programs is the primary coordinating and managerial office for externally funded activities of a contractual nature at CSU. OSP oversees the full-range of research administration from proposal review and submission to final invoicing and project close-out.
Colorado State University is a land-grant Carnegie Class Doctoral/Research-Extensive University experiencing aggressive growth in faculty recruitment, student enrollment, and research expenditures. Research productivity per tenure-track faculty member is among the highest in the country within like universities.
CSU is a member of the Kuali Foundation, using Kuali Financial System (KFS) and Kuali Research (KR) for integrated research administration. CSU is a member and active in the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) and the Council on Governmental Relations (COGR).Position Summary
Provides effective leadership to pre and post award in sponsored programs, in addition to a wide range of internal and external constituencies, including faculty members, research staff, committee members, administrators, and federal agencies.Required Job Qualifications
- Master's degree in Accounting or related business field
- 7 years of experience in research administration at an institution of higher education, or comparable institution.
- A track record of successful, progressively responsible experience in academic sponsored programs administration both in pre- and post-award.
- Strong supervisory and management skills in a large office environment.
- Proven leadership skills working effectively and building relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituencies, including faculty members, research staff, committee members, administrators, and federal agencies.
- Ability to manage high volume, high complexity issues in a heavily regulated environment.
- Strong financial management skills.
- The demonstrated ability to positively lead a diverse group of professionals is required, as is the demonstrated ability to work constructively, collaboratively, and diplomatically with many diverse individuals and groups both within and outside the university.
- Broad-based knowledge of various government agencies (NIH, NSF, DoD, etc.) and corporate/foundation sponsored program requirements, clinical trials, and practices.
- 10+ years of experience in research administration at an institution of higher education, or comparable institution
- CRA, CPRA, and/or CFRA
- Involvement in professional organizations such as NCURA or SRA
- Well-developed creative, innovative, strategic, and visionary qualities
- Demonstrated experience managing and supporting change
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.Job Duty Category: Leadership
- Provide effective leadership to Sponsored Programs. Lead and coordinate complex research initiatives that span across colleges and institutions. Perpetuate a Sponsored Program's culture of capability, empowerment, and success that is distinguished by high-quality proactive customer service and oversight. Articulate a vision for guiding the organization to grow in its capacity to handle major multimillion-dollar, multidisciplinary projects.
- Develop, modify, and implement policies governing the conduct of externally funded activities to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements relating to sponsored programs. Serve as a key point of contact and/or leader/facilitator on planning, training, and implementing large-scale initiatives.
Job Duty Category: Supervision
- Supervision over Pre-award services, Post-award services, Contracting, Subcontracting, Training, Electronic Research Administration, Compliance Management, and Office Administration.
Job Duty Category: External Relations
Interact with external sponsors; auditors; and University officials and other campus representatives, including: Business and Financial Services, Internal Audit, Advancement, CSU Foundation, CSU Research Foundation, deans, department heads, and business officers in the academic units, on all matters relating to sponsored research administration.Percentage Of Time: 20%
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include a resume, a cover letter addressing how your experience aligns with the required and preferred qualifications, and the contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification to candidates.Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Dwayne Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, email@example.com.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.Minimum References Requested
Maximum References Requested