Director, Creative Video
The Director of Creative Video within the Brand Advancement team will assist the department and athletics external operations in the strategy and creation of video and digital content for Virginia Tech Athletics. The goal of the Brand Advancement team is to deliver personalized, significant and unexpected experiences to all Virginia Tech fans and to present Hokies' student-athletes' stories in the best way possible. This position reports to the Associate Athletic Director of Brand Advancement.
- Master's degree and/or bachelor's degree in a related field with significant video experience.
- Strong storytelling skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting, while also being self motivated and organized.
- Substantial experience producing a variety of videos including, but not limited to, daily social videos, hype videos, recruiting content, intro videos, and promotional material.
- Substantial experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Experience with cinema-style and DSLR cameras.
- Experience with professional lighting systems.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours as needed, potentially including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to edit according to tight deadlines, scripts and brand guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and seamlessly with Brand Advancement, Digital Strategy & Innovation and Productions & Multimedia teams.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Online portfolio/reel that demonstrates expertise in shooting and editing.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Knowledge of technology and industry trends.
Experience with in-venue video production.
Commensurate with experience.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Stuart Cochran at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.