Administrative Support Coordinator 2
Job Number: REQ_0000014245
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Forensic Science Program at The Pennsylvania State University is seeking an Administrative Support Coordinator.Reporting directly to the Director of the Forensic Science Program, the Administrative Coordinator will provide comprehensive executive-level administrative support to the program, students, and faculty.This individual should be energetic, enthusiastic, and organized.
Support provided for the Director includes handling confidential information and material, independent thinking, good judgment, and discretion.This position will serve as part of the Administrative Team along with the Department's Administrative & Financial Coordinator. Specific tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the Program Directors calendar appointments and meetings that require coordination with multiple internal/external individuals and groups, preparing agendas and materials for such meetings, taking minutes for departmental meetings, providing administrative support for faculty searches, assisting with the planning, and coordinating departmental events.
- Assist with keeping track of important FEPAC deadlines, databases, and supporting documents needed for recertification.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee daily office activities including being the point of contact for candidates during the interview process; coordinate travel arrangements, make reservations; serves as a point of contact for OPP/Facilities/IT/ Phones.
- Assist in the management of the program's budgets to include planning, execution, and reconciliation. Assist with maintaining the general office budget, resolve expenditures against multiple internal orders; assemble travel expenses and receipts, reconcile expenditures, and enter travel reimbursement in SAP Concur; and prepare and process various financial reports in the System for Integrated Management, Budgeting, and Accounting (SIMBA). Provide budget reports to the Director, and Forensic Science Faculty. Maintain inventory and order/purchase office supplies.
- Process all the program purchase orders, Shop OnLion purchases, initiate payment for invoices for the program office, and program faculty.
- Provide backup financial support to the department's business office, the department budget administrator, and financial coordinator.
- Assist the Director with teaching assignments; Course assistant assignments and coordinate all SRTE assignments for teaching faculty. Facilitate all course assistant hires with the department hiring manager.
- Supervise the administrative support staff for curricular affairs.
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain strict confidentiality, determine/adjust priorities on an ongoing basis, and be self-directed in taking initiative and responsibility for various processes and projects. Must also have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships. Proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, and Teams is essential. Training in LionPATH, SIMBA/SAP Concor is preferred.
Typically requires a High School diploma or higher plus two years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates for consideration must submit a cover letter of interest and resume.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.