Purchasing Assistant 1
Job Number: REQ_0000014453
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Office of Physical Plant is an organization driven by its mission to "Provide Excellent Facilities Services for Penn State." Our values model those of Penn State's and we are especially committed to our vision to "have a culture of inclusion and diversity where everyone enjoys coming to work." As a member within Physical Plant, it will be expected that the incoming individual be able to embody and model Penn State's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as the commitment expressed by Finance and Business.
The Office of Physical Plant Stores division is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join our team in providing material procurement support in a dynamic facilities maintenance, repair, and operations environment.
This position will report to the Manager for Inventory Control and Distribution with primary working hours of Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Review paper requisitions for accuracy and completeness, then enter these requisitions into Maximo software.
- Run reorder processes to restock materials maintained in inventory.
- Process purchase requisition using Maximo software.
- Complete shopping carts in SAP/Simba (System for Integrated Management, Budgeting, and Accounting).
- Process purchase requisitions using Purchasing (P)-Card.
- Reconcile P-Card transactions using Concur software.
- Investigate and resolve invoice issues.
- Sort, open, and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare out-going mail, sort and send inter-office mail to departments and campuses.
- Scan and index invoices, packing slips, and purchase orders.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard office procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- The ability and willingness to learn supply chain processes and software
Education and Experience:
Typically requires a high school diploma and at least one (1) year of related experience.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.