Grants Administrator - Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Grants Administrator. This position is responsible for managing and providing centralized grant administration support to the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute (RNI) and affiliates through developing strategies to meet and improve the organization's goals. This position will be providing management and oversight of daily post-award grant administration to members of the RNI community. The primary focus of this position is to administer post-award grant activities; however, this position will participate in pre-award administration support for RNI faculty.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Post-Award Administration:
- Management of all sponsored projects assigned to incumbent.
- Performs analysis and evaluation of data and collaborates with PI on project's progress.
- Completes post-award financial and other miscellaneous agency reporting/updates
- Remains current on all granting laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Creates a statistical database or other electronic filing system to maintain funding records.
- Reviews, audits and approves all expenditures hitting extramural funding.
- Advise/troubleshoot solutions that will enhance the efficiency of post-award administration at the RNI.
- Pre-Award Administration:
- Assists PI with entire submission process. Incumbent is responsible for establishing a timeline and ensuring the application is submitted to all RNI, HSC, and Office of Sponsored Program approving agents per institutional guidelines.
- Initiates, supervises and facilitates the preparation of grant applications, drafts the letters of intent, prepares agency application form(s), completes all internal application blue sheet forms and creates a working budget for the application.
- Collaborate with the PI to collect, write and edit all data and organize all files according to the sponsor's instructions in preparation for submission to the agency.
- Monitor and remain knowledgeable of all current agency funding opportunities
- Develop the budget for all awards and ensure the budgets are accurate before submission to the approving agents.
- Maintain knowledge of grants administration to serve as an advisor to the faculty.
- Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years experience:
- Clinical and nonclinical experience
- Pre and Post Award Grants administration
- Current software applications to support the needs of the position
- Grants accounting, submitting proposals, completing online applications or reporting and other business related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education financial processes and procedures and managing accounting records
- Experience with Kuali Coeus (KC) and Oracle/MAP Financial System is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Ability to analyze data and provide useful information to the granting agency
- Ability to prepare, manage and maintain budgets and financial reports and provide reconciliation reports among clustered accounts.
- Knowledge of WVU policies and procedures pertaining to budgetary, internal and external funding matters.
- Knowledge of PC based software and related applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of various grant proposal application processes (on-line and hard copy submissions).
- Must be skilled in working with grants and contracts in a higher educational environment.
- Within two (2) years of employment, incumbent must obtain certification as a Certified Research Administrator, Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator, or Certified Financial Research Administrator through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) preferred.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Schedule: Full-time