This position provides administrative support tofourfaculty members, and is responsible for routine tasks including calendaring,travel and reimbursements, administrative course support, andcorrespondence assistance. This position will also provide occasional, limited support to visiting faculty members. The position is a member of the department's robust faculty support team, reporting into the Assistant Director of Academic Services.Job-Specific Responsibilities
- Responsible for management and quality control of high-level email account forfaculty.
- Composes and edits emails, letters, memos, reports and meeting agendas.
- Ensures briefing material is available in well-managed online environments and is comprehensive.
- Prepares copy for publication or submission of grant proposals and/or reports. Answers phone and email inquiries.
- May prepare and coordinate job market reports and letters of recommendations.
- Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow up action steps on correspondence.
- May be required toprovide transcription services.
Travel and Reimbursement
- Arranges for meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements, adhering toUniversityguidelines and grant policy.
- Prepares and submits all reimbursement reports.
- Maintains financial reports of expenditures.
- Develops and maintains administrative support system for complex faculty calendaring and travel planning for faculty.
- Proactively manages calendars with attention to logistics and anticipate the needs of faculty member.
- Determines priority status of meeting requests; triages requests; refers and schedules as appropriate.
Course and Research Support
- Serves as administrative contact for faculty member research activities.
- Creates lecture materials, prepares course materials, builds PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintains faculty members' websites and course sites; builds special websites for specific events or research.
- May assist with administrative tasks related to workshops and seminars the faculty member is leading.
Three years related experience.Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Solid working knowledge of office processes and systems, and of related computer software and electronic communication tools.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support to one or more individuals.
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies.
USA - MA - Cambridge
403028 Faculty Assistant II
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.