Administrative Support Assistant III - Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine
Posting Number: req5217
Department: Andrew Weil Ctr Intgrtv Med
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 655 N. Alvernon Way Ste 120, Tucson, AZ 85711 USA
Position HighlightsThe Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine (AWCIM) is leading the transformation of healthcare by creating, educating and actively supporting a community that embodies the philosophy and practice of healing-oriented medicine. A designated Center of Excellence at the University of Arizona, AWCIM is internationally recognized for its innovative educational programs, clinical practice, and cutting-edge research that substantiate the field of Integrative Medicine and influence public policy. Since its creation in 1994, AWCIM's vision of making integrative care available to all is being realized worldwide: our graduates are now guiding more than 8 million patients annually to take a greater role in their health and healing. The Administrative Assistant III will support coordination of the Integrative Medicine in Elective Rotation and serve as primary administrative support for the Fellowship Director and Fellowship Associate Director.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage student applications and registration: Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Assist with curriculum organization and all scheduling.
- Manage student affairs prior, during and after IMER rotation.
- Faculty Outreach: create, send and manage Presenter Documents for each event.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist with implementation of marketing strategies.
- Setup, troubleshoot and assist speakers/presenters with audio-visual equipment on location and on Zoom.
- Maintain approved content on websites. Platform input within the Events Module.
- Participate in meetings and conferences pertinent to area of responsibility and AWCIM.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
- Prepare required supplies and equipment for move to event venue. This may require lifting and moving bins weighing on average 40 pounds each.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Maintain Outlook calendars and organize requested meetings (Zoom or in-person) and outages.
- Track communications with outside fellowship partners and faculty.
- Develop documents and spreadsheets (must be skilled in Microsoft Office Suite).
- Organize travel arrangements.
- Participate in special projects when they arise.
- Assist Fellowship Directors with updates to their curriculum vitae.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience managing multiple calendars and scheduling a variety of activities simultaneously.
- Ability to track supplies, document status, communication progress, and other using tools such as Excel/other management software.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Effectively manage workload despite conflicts and shifting priorities.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Paula Cook | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.