Posting Number: req5397
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Maint Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsFacilities Management Electrical Shop is looking for an Electrical Lead to join our team. The Electrical Shop in Facilities Management is an award winning team that provides a wide variety of services to the University of Arizona campus. We are interested in applicants who are passionate about the electrical trade and who are interested in performing a variety of tasks with precision and safety. Leaders in Facilities Management Maintenance Services are highly skilled in their trade, possess good people skills, and are interested in mentoring their staff. We are looking for an Electrical Lead who is interested in helping to build a world class organization
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assigns and inspects the work of electricians and trades helpers; initiates corrective actions to secure satisfactory standards and timely project completion.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Maintains time, payroll and material records and submits reports.
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Assists in performance evaluation process.
- Participates in maintenance, repair and installation duties in the trades.
- Completion of a high school education or an equivalent combination of apprenticeship program, technical training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required.
- Completion of four year, nationally recognized electrical apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the trade.
- Knowledge of all applicable codes standards and regulations.
- Skill in installation, repair and maintenance of all systems and assignments common to the trade.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements for work projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Previous experience supporting a large facility.
- Commercial electrical experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $23.50 - $26.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Skilled Crafts & Trades
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Michelle Obregon 520-621-0255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.