Adjunct Faculty Position - Kinesiology
The Department of Kinesiology seeks applications for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 adjunct lecturers for one or more of the following courses:
1.Lifetime Fitness and Wellness (3 units includes integrated lecture and activity sessions)
2.Motor Behavior Across the Lifespan (Spring)
Vanguard seeks professionals of Christian faith who are committed to integration of faith and learning in their respective fields. The applicants must have demonstrated teaching ability and a commitment to working with students of color and encouraging diversity.Essential Functions:
- Teach the above-mentioned coursework in kinesiology.
- Challenge thinking and develop the ability of students to engage in critical thinking and positive behavior choices regarding personal health and fitness.
- Facilitate the learning of first-generation college students and incorporate culturally-relevant pedagogy within the classroom.
- Collaborate with department faculty in curriculum implementation, student support and continuous program improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree minimum, Master's degree preferred for Lifetime Fitness course; Master's degree required for Motor Behavior course or higher in kinesiology, exercise science or field.
- Demonstrated teaching experience and ability for the Motor Behavior course
- Prefer college level teaching experience as well as the teaching of group fitness activities for the Lifetime Fitness course
- A vibrant Christian faith and commitment to an integration of faith and learning.
Part-time, adjunct position. Salary determined on a per contract basis.Application Procedure:
- Accompanying essays
- Personal Testimony of Relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Philosophy of Christian Education and Role of a Christian University.
- Integration of Faith, Teaching and Scholarship.
- Curriculum vitae
- One to three letters of reference
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
*Email must include all the above requested attachments and a completed Faculty application in order to be considered. Review of applications begins immediately; applications will be accepted until position is filled or until there is a sufficient number of applicants. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on the final candidate. More information about Vanguard Universitycan be found on our web site at www.vanguard.edu.