Program & Accreditation Coordinator - Graduate Program In Education
The Coordinator reports to and supports the work of the Director of the Graduate Program in Education, as well as the entire Program in a broad range of administrative and planning functions. The Coordinator works closely with the Credential Analyst/Student Teacher Coordinator and Graduate Education faculty to support and service the needs of Teaching Credential and Master of Arts in Education students.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership for the staff of the Graduate Program in Education and the Teacher Advancement Program.
- Serve as overall Office Manager for the Graduate Program in Education.
- Coordinate all accreditation activities and document submissions to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
- Coordinate admission process into the Teaching Credential and Master of Arts in Education Programs.
- Promote the Graduate Program in Education in coordination with the VU Graduate Admissions staff.
- Promote the Graduate Program in Education to Liberal Studies and teaching track undergraduate students.
- Facilitate registration of Teaching Credential and MA in Education students.
- Coordinate recruiting, advising, and tracking of MA in Education students.
- Execute effective Teaching Credential and MA in Education orientations for new students each semester.
- Coordinate systems for MA in Education students' advancement to candidacy, graduation, and commencement.
- Collaborate with the Director in preparing and managing a balanced budget for the Graduate Program in Education and TAP programs. Advocate for budgetary needs through planning, analysis, and management.
- Approve and authorize purchases for the Graduate Program in Education and TAP Program.
- Advise the Director and faculty regarding students' needs for remediation and intervention.
- Work with the Director and faculty in reviewing program changes and curriculum development.
- Provide general troubleshooting of all departmental systems and policies.
- Maintain membership and participate in the Teacher Education Advisory Council (TEAC) and the Credential Counselors and Analysts of California (CCAC).
- Hire and train teaching assistants and student workers. Assist with program staff hiring and training.
- Maintain Graduate Education handbook and policies handbook.
- Coordinate effective use of the Educational Resource Center to support student and faculty needs.
- Perform course schedule revisions, catalog editing, adjunct hiring logistics, and professional development for program staff.
- Collaborate with the VU Financial Aid and Advancement offices to award endowed scholarships and Christian Educator's grants.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Director of the Graduate Program in Education.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred, with program management experience, preferably within educational institutions.
- Knowledge of teacher certification, organization of school districts, and graduate programs in education.
- Ability to learn and represent the policies, procedures, and regulations of the Program, the CTC, and other accrediting bodies associated with the Program.
- Ability to lead the Program staff in excellent customer service and resolution of student issues.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to communicate effectively to the public, students, faculty, staff and administration in various formats.
- Expert computer proficiency in Microsoft office and use of MS Access and other databases.
- Organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to initiate systems and process for effective program management, program marketing and advisement.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University, its programs and requirements.
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications are received.