Research Program Manager
Job Number: REQ_0000014397
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Evidence-to-Impact Collaborative (EIC) (http://evidence2impact.psu.edu/) at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, is seeking applications for a Research Project Manager (Research Program Manager) to join our innovative team. Housed within the Prevention Research Center and supported through the College of Health and Human Development and the Social Science Research Institute, the vision of the EIC is to enhance how research evidence and data are used in decision-making processes to create a positive impact and improve lives. Our team accomplishes this vision through transdisciplinary collaborations, generation and dissemination of research evidence to policymakers, and computationally intensive economic evaluations of social programs.
The Research Program Manager will work closely with the EIC leadership team throughout the pre-award to post-award process for the successful planning, execution, and implementation of EIC projects within its social program evaluation portfolio. The successful candidate for this role will be a self-directed, creative thinker who is able to strategically plan, build consensus, and problem solve to move work forward.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with EIC leadership to promote equity, inclusion, and safety, problem solves complex barriers and roadblocks, aligns employee work activities with strategic goals and objectives
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to project teams
- Oversees and manages projects including developing project plans, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting
- Communicates and forms relationships with diverse stakeholders to understand project requirements, goals, and risks/barriers to project success
- Coaches and mentors project team members for successful execution and completion of projects
- Escalates issues and risks to leadership
- Develops and implements workflows and processes that align with project goals, are human-centered, and promote equity and inclusion
- Develops and implements quality improvement practices and process
- Collaborates on grant proposals, manuscripts, reports, and other scientific deliverables
Preferred experience includes:
- Proven experience in successfully collaborating within diverse interdisciplinary social, behavioral, or health sciences teams
- Experience working with project management software or willingness to learn and become fluent with using technological tools for project and program management purposes
- Effective management of distributed / digital teams
- Use of data to inform decisions
- Development of process that is human-centered
- Use of diplomacy and effective decision making to manage multiple competing priorities and perspectives
Typically requires a Masters Degree or higher, plus four years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Review of applications will begin 1 week after posting.
We are a remote-friendly organization. Some periodic travel to University Park campus is expected including monthly team meetings and/or important stakeholder engagements. Interested applicants please submit cover letter describing relevant experience and career goals, resume, and three professional references.
This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire, with excellent possibility of re-funding.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. In HHD, enriching the lives of others is our mission. We believe in the power of human capacity for growth and live that mission by meeting challenges, both big and small, with excitement and energy every day. We invite you to come grow with us.