Assistant Dean of Academic Services
Assistant Dean of Academic Services
The University of Tampa has an opening for an Assistant Dean of Academic Services. This position is responsible for the overall management, development and assessment of the Academic Success Center (ASC). The ASC includes the offices of Academic Advising, Academic Excellence Programs, Student Persistence and Transition, and Retention Initiatives. The Assistant Dean ensures high quality, timely and responsive student-centered approaches to the delivery of ASC services. Provides key oversight and coordination of programs, offices and services that promote student success, retention, persistence and satisfaction. Supervises and trains staff; manages budgets; ensures collaboration with faculty, academic departments and other campus offices; creates and implements student success initiatives. Brings leadership and vision to the ASC. Supports programs and initiatives associated with the Office of the Dean of Academic Services.
This position is designated as an essential employee and may be required to report to work as scheduled when University offices are closed due to severe weather or other conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff, budget, programs and assessment of the units housed within the Academic Success Center to provide integrated academic support services. Coordinate students’ academic transition to college, course registration, course transfer, and progress toward graduation.
- Provide integrated academic student support programs that increase student success, retention and persistence.
Support and collaborate on student and university diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Ensure effective and timely delivery of academic support services.
- Utilize predictive data analytics to target student academic support, academic success and student persistence.
Coordinate and integrate ASC unit communications.
- Implement student-centered technology to maintain prompt and effective delivery of academic support information.
- Provide ongoing staff training, professional development and evaluation to include relevant cross-training.
- Formulate, implement and assess an ASC strategic plan in conjunction with both the University and division strategic plans; provide an ASC vision for the future.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with colleges and academic departments.
- Ensure effective collaboration and partnerships with campus offices such as Registrar, Admissions, Athletics, Student Affairs.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Provost and College Assistant/Associate Deans to identify and plan course offerings, and design strategies for student academic success.
- Help resolve student academic issues.
- Provide oversight of academic policies and procedures petition process, and serve as academic integrity process resource.
- Participate in committee work.
- Serve on the Assistant/Associate Deans Council, Registration Task Position Force and other university planning groups.
- May serve as Dean of Academic Services designee.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- PhD. or Ed.D in relevant field strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with academic support services to include academic advising, tutoring/coaching, programs for academically challenged students, student disability services, first-year and transfer student programs, support programs for first-generation and under-represented students, student success, student persistence and retention initiatives.
- Direct experience training, supervising and leading staff.
- Experience in budget management.
- Experience with strategic planning and assessment.
- Knowledge of innovative technology supporting academic services delivery.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively.
- Commitment to student learning, development and success.
- Ability to work effectively with student, parents and colleagues.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion with faculty, staff and students.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
- Personal qualities of adaptability, patience, honesty, integrity, creativity.
For further details and to apply, please visit our website at www.ut.edu/jobs Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
The University of Tampa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.