Program Manager - Health Affairs
The Office of Health Affairs at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Program Manager. This position will lead the coordination, improvement, and implementation of current and future initiatives associated with the office of health affairs. The successful candidate will communicate project plans internally and with external collaborative partners as required. West Virginia University's Office of Health Affairs frequently engages in collaborative efforts with West Virginia's Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR). Ideal candidates will have work experience that aligns with the mission of DHHR's Bureau for Medical Services, Bureau for Children and Families, Bureau for Behavioral Health and Bureau for Public Health.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- This position will oversee program staff as directed by the Assistant Director of Program Management
- Responsible for managing and coordinating day to day productivity and task management
- Accountable for meeting all active targets and deadlines
- Organize and coordinate Health Affairs projects across internal departments and between external research and development partners
- Partner with senior executives to define project approach and ensure overall project plans and providing support for various initiatives
- Comprehend internal and external drivers that influence effective operation, management, and execution of HSC resourcing, planning, programming, and budget execution processes
- Present analysis and recommendation to decision makers in an organized manner, including identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to evaluate operational effectiveness
- Provide proper support for all external collaborative and contracted partners as well as Health Affairs research partners
- May develop executive presentations for stakeholder communications on strategic initiatives progress, risks and budget results, review and analyze operational reports, summarize findings
- Track and report project milestones and provide status reports in the selected format at the assigned interval
- Determine the most efficient and cost-effective means for gathering and analyzing data needed to support development goals and achieve growth through the accomplishment of long-range goals and objective
- Drive strategic initiatives and manage internal and external relationships to ensure commitments are met, deadlines are realized and expectations are managed appropriately. May be expected to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Monitor compliance and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business, Computer Science, or a relevant field; Or an equivalent combination
- of education and experience.
- Master's degree in Public Administration, Computer Science. Business or a relevant field preferred
- Project Management certification preferred
- Four (4) years project management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong ability to multi-task multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent English language oral and written skills.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to create and produce clear, concise paper and electronic documents.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to coordinate participation of team members from various backgrounds.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Schedule: Full-time