Program Manager - Health Affairs
The Office of Health Affairs at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Program Manager located in Charleston, WV to work with a multidisciplinary team and is responsible for managing, monitoring and tracking project activities for any projects managed primarily by the Office of Health Affairs. The incumbent is responsible for managing the program/project life cycle including planning, monitoring, risk management, timelines, resources, project communication, status and progress reports, preparing materials, and tracking internal allocations.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Responsible for tracking progress of plans and coordinating with technical subject matter experts to assure that project expectations are met;
- Directly supervise staff as directed by the Director of Project Management Services;
- Responsible for managing and coordinating day to day productivity and task management;
- Organize and coordinate Health Affairs projects across internal departments and between external research and development partners;
- Partner with senior executives to define project approach and ensure overall project plans and providing support for various initiatives;
- Comprehend internal and external drivers that influence effective operation, management, and execution of HSC resourcing, planning, programming, and budget execution processes;
- Present analysis and recommendation to decision makers in an organized manner, including identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to evaluate operational effectiveness;
- Provide proper support for all external collaborative and contracted partners as well as Health Affairs research partners;
- May develop executive presentations for stakeholder communications on strategic initiatives progress, risks and budget results, review and analyze operational reports, summarize findings;
- Monitor compliance and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures;
- Prepare project status and progress reports as required and keep the team, management, and designated others informed in a timely manner of any emerging project risks or other issues;
- Manages change to the project through a change management plan and resolves all change requests for project;
- Provide administrative management and relevant financial reporting for all Health Affairs projects;
- Assists with the overall financial planning of Health Affairs including the justification of multiple budgets, monitors all expenditures by account to ensure that financial constraints are met and budgetary concerns addressed;
- Manages, coordinates, and evaluates all administrative and fiscal matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business or a related field. Master's degree preferred;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) years experience:
- Program/Project Management experience required
- Previous experience/knowledge of Medicaid programs required
- Demonstrated program management experience with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong ability to multi-task multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent English language oral and written skills.
- Knowledge of program management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using MS Project, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents.
- Demonstrated ability to present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to create and produce clear, concise paper and electronic documents.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to coordinate participation of team members from various backgrounds.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to travel on an intermittent basis if/when required.
- Project Management Certification Preferred
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.Schedule: Full-time