Equity / HR Analyst (Human Resource Analyst II)
Role Code: 19092-SW
Pay Band: 05
Position Number: 29800033
Agency: Lord Fairfax Community College
DivisionLord Fairfax Community College (Div)
Work LocationFrederick - 069
Hiring Range: The compensation for the position will commensurate with education and experience; however, the starting minimum for this position is $48,391.00
Emergency/Essential Personnel: No
EEO Category: B-Professionals
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday.
Sensitive Position: Yes
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, the Equity/HR Analyst will develop and deliver HR, Payroll, and Equity services to a world-class diverse cadre of faculty, staff, and administrators focused on equity-minded principles and practices in service of inclusive excellence and student success.
Duties include but not limited to:
Cultivate partnerships to deliver HR services to faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Provides full spectrum of general human resource services to employees in assigned units.
- Works closely with faculty, staff, and administrators to progress work relationships, build morale, and increase engagement and retention.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Foster excellence and equity across all dimensions of the College's mission, vision, values, policies, procedures, and strategic plan.
- Plans, guides, and advises the college's leadership on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Collaborates to create, implement, and monitor programs designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment of students, faculty, and staff.
- Through stakeholder inclusion and perspective, assess equity initiatives to engage the community and cultivate a college culture for equity and inclusion.
- Collect, analyze, and present disaggregated data and theories of change that build an understanding of factors that impact student success, areas for institutional focus, and methods for achieving equity in outcomes to include, but not limited to recruitment and retention rates of minority employees and students.
- Serve as back up to the CHRO for EEO and Title IX for faculty and/or staff related investigations
This position's duties are conducive to hybrid telework for 32 hours or more per month (but less than full time).
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for the position will commensurate with education and experience; however, the starting minimum for this position is $48,391.00. The position is classified staff and as such is eligible for the benefits package offered by the Commonwealth of Virginia for state agencies. For more information, please visit www.dhrm.virginia.gov.
About Lord Fairfax Community College
Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is a comprehensive, nonresidential, two-year public institution of higher education with 4 locations-the Fauquier and Middletown Campuses, the Luray-Page County Center and the Vint Hill Site and outreach sites throughout the College's service region. The service region includes the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, and Warren and the city of Winchester.
LFCC's Middletown Campus and Luray-Page County Center are nestled within the Shenandoah Valley with easy access to a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities, historical sites, and a welcoming network of towns and cities where families grow and diverse business thrive. LFCC's Fauquier Campus and Vint Hill Site are located within the Upper Piedmont region of Virginia. Situated in Fauquier County, and located just 40 miles west of Washington, D.C., this area offers the beauty of country living with easy access to the international community of our nation's capital.
LFCC offers more than 73 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. LFCC offers a variety of day, evening, weekend and distance learning classes. As one of the fastest growing community colleges of the Virginia Community Colleges, LFCC serves over 8,700 unduplicated credit students and approximately 1,200 employers with business and professional development through Workforce Solutions. In terms of student enrollment, LFCC is the seventh largest of the 23 colleges of the Virginia Community Colleges. LFCC ranks 8 out of Virginia's 23 Community Colleges in the amount of performance based funding received.
Celebrate with Us
In the fall of 1970, LFCC first opened its doors at the Middletown Campus to begin classes with 577 students. Beginning, January 2020, LFCC celebrated 50 years of cultivating educational opportunity and economic vitality within our community. We look forward to reflecting on our past, celebrating the present and moving forward with a renewed dedication to our community and student achievement.
Fiscal year 2021 is one of the strongest years for Virginia Community Colleges in recent state budget history. The G3 (Get Skilled, Get a Job, Give Back) program, which goes into effect on July 1 2021, allows students who quality for full Pell Grants to get $1,000 grants per semester and $500 during the summer to receive a certificate for studying health care, information technology, manufacturing and skilled trades, early childhood education and public safety. Participants will be required to give back two hours of community service, public service, or work experience for each credit hour in which they are enrolled. The program provides funding for tuition, fees and books and other expenses for eligible low- and middle-income students who are pursuing degrees in high-demand fields, including health care, information technology and computer science, manufacturing and skilled trades, public safety and early childhood education. Lawmakers also allocated an additional $5 million in the upcoming budget year to hire 60 badly-needed new community college advisors to help enroll new students and help them successfully navigate the world of higher education. The legislature also approved money to give state classified workers and college faculty (full time and adjunct) five percent pay raises, effective July 1 2021. VCCS leadership said it will work to ensure that P-14 part-time employees also receive the pay raises.
LFCC continues to prepare for the future; our facilities and campus improvement projects include newly completed Luray Page County Center (Jenkins Hall) in Luray, VA as well as the anticipated Hazel Hall Building at our Fauquier Campus in Warrenton, VA.
Lord Fairfax Community College, located in the Northern Shenandoah Valley is accepting applications for adjunct, part-time faculty (day, evening and weekend) positions for Adjunct Faculty. Positions are appointed on a course-by-course, semester basis as needed. Responsibilities include teaching college level courses, which may include distance learning on and off campus courses during the day, evening and weekends.
Your Expertise. Our Inspiring Culture. Enriching Lives and Community Vitality. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the value that students, faculty and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
The College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment, and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), LFCC will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application, interviewing and selection process. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Lord Fairfax Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities. The College shall promote and maintain equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation, age (except when age is a bona fide occupational qualification), status as a veteran, national origin, or other non-merit factors. The College also prohibits sexual misconduct including sexual violence or harassment.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Proven academic excellence, evidenced by a bachelor's degree or equivalent training, experience, and/or certification.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to the delivery of high-quality, equity, and inclusion initiatives that achieve established goals.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people to provide confidential and sensitive services to employees and managers within the college and external customers. Interacts with the public and peers with patience, tact and professionalism to ensure service delivery.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to drive strategy and garner support for ideas and initiatives in support of change management. Ability to positively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to bring challenging topics for discussion in a constructive way, and engaging stakeholders in coming up with viable and meaningful solutions.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including recruitment, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws including, but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
Operation of a State Vehicle: Yes
Supervises Employees: No
Travel may be required as part of duties of position due to visiting sites/campuses, professional development, and other Commonwealth responsibilities.
Posting Number: CLS_493P
Recruitment Type: Public
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Close Date: 06/07/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Contact Name: Kristin Iden
Special Instructions to Applicants
Upload Cover Letter (this is optional, but recommended) and resume (this is optional, but recommended) and Unofficial Transcripts (this is optional).
Reference checks, background screenings, and eVerify are required for all LFCC positions. Satisfactory reference, background screenings are a condition of employment.
Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate's offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth's Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.