Research Technologist I - Immunobiology
Posting Number: req5309
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1656 E. Mabel Street, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsA Research Technologist I position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Deepta Bhattacharya in the Department of Immunobiology, University of Arizona College of Medicine in Tucson. The position would support research activities through efficient and pro-active laboratory management. The successful candidate will enable smooth laboratory operations by maintaining supplies and equipment, tracking balances on laboratory accounts, ensuring compliance with regulatory approvals, and when required, assisting with experiments.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Track laboratory consumables and place orders regularly to replenish.
- Ensure laboratory is in compliance with chemical, biosafety, IACUC, and HIPAA approvals.
- Maintain scientific research instrumentation and service contracts. Initiate repair calls when required.
- Track balances and spending on laboratory accounts.
- Maintain specialized research reagents for molecular and cell biology.
- Act as liaison with sales representatives to ensure best pricing on laboratory supplies.
- Assistance with experiments of other research staff may be periodically required.
- Prepare supporting documents for grant proposals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
* Familiarity with University of Arizona systems. * Prior experience in laboratory management. * Experience in basic cell and molecular biology techniques.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $37,506 - $52,092
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Deepta Bhattacharya | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Upload cover letter, resume and statement of research.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.