Academic Dean / Liberal Arts
Classification Title: MnSCU Administrator - Range 6 (Academic Dean)
Working Title: Academic Dean / Liberal Arts
Position Type: Staff
Division: Century College
Department: Academic Affairs
Location: White Bear Lake, MN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Unlimited
Review of applications will begin on Monday, June 14 and be given priority consideration; however, applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 220, Minnesota State Administrators/State Managerial Plan
This position exists to provide administrative management, supervision, and leadership for multiple academic departments/programs and serves as a member of the leadership and management teams. This includes developing and continually improving departments/programs, programmatic planning, and strategic scheduling, as well as managing resources and personnel effectively to meet program outcomes. This position supports student success by providing leadership to academic programs/departments through departmental workplans and program reviews. The position holder is also responsible for working with other college personnel to provide college-wide leadership and strategic planning and initiatives in achieving the college's strategic priorities. This includes participating on college and system committees and task forces and leading college initiatives. Finally, this position requires engagement with other educational institutions, community organizations, legislative governing bodies, business and industries, and other external stakeholders to meet the college mission and in accordance with collective bargaining agreement provisions per statewide and Minnesota State guidelines.
Century College is committed to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive and diverse educational environment. This academic dean position will have a demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
This academic dean position will have oversight of the following departments/programs: Communication, English, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Languages, Library, Reading and Student Success.
- Provide administrative management, supervision, and leadership over multiple academic departments/programs, credit programs, and alternative delivery programs including online.
- Develop and continually improve assigned departments/programs, programmatic planning, and strategic scheduling, as well as manage resources and personnel effectively to meet program outcomes.
- Support student success by providing leadership to academic programs/departments through departmental workplans and program reviews.
- Responsible for working with other college personnel to provide college-wide leadership and strategic planning and initiatives to achieve the college's strategic priorities.
- Participate on college and system committees' and task forces and lead college strategies.
- Engage with other educational institutions, community organizations, legislative governing bodies, and other external stakeholders to meet the college mission.
- Engage in industry and transfer pathway outreach and partnerships to enhance programmatic offerings and sustainability.
- Master's degree.
- 3+ years of higher education administrative experience at the Associate Dean level or higher or at least 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse student population and proven understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion as critical components of academic excellence and student success.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action in hiring and promotional opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to further an effective enrollment strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, i.e., verbal, listening, written, interpersonal, and public presentation.
- Experience in the areas of leadership, planning, development, staffing, budget management, and supervision.
- Record of data informed decision-making including experience in analyzing multiple datasets and resources of information to make recommendations and implement solutions.
- Evidence of ability to deal with demanding and high stress situations, multiple priorities, and varied situations simultaneously.
- Master's degree in related field for position posting or Doctoral degree/ABD.
- Knowledge and commitment to fulfilling the mission of a community and technical college in a student-centered approach.
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education accreditation and federal and state higher education laws and regulations.
- Record of leading innovation and organizational change as it relates to curriculum, programs, and student services.
- Experience being able to apply strategic thinking and strong execution skills across various stakeholder groups and various situations.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining partnerships and relationships across various stakeholder groups.
- Experience being able to delegate, collaborate, and promote consensus in accomplishing the college's strategic plan while maintaining trust, cooperation, and cohesion across the college.
- Experience working in a unionized educational setting.
This position requires successful completion of employment references and a driver's license background check.
NOTICE: Century College regrets that we are unable to offer visa sponsorships or assistance with other immigrant statuses. An applicant must be eligible to work at Century College at the time of application.
Welcome! If you are considering employment at Century College, you have made the right choice.
From the diversity of our campus, to the wealth of real-world experience in our faculty and staff, Century College is a great place to make a difference.
Century College is a community and technical college located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, on a beautiful 170-acre campus just minutes from the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
As one of the largest two-year colleges in Minnesota, we serve over 21,000 credit and non-credit students every year. Century College offers a safe, friendly environment, and small class sizes, providing the supportive educational environment needed to help students achieve academic success.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AVAILABILITY:
Century College is committed to assisting all members of our community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Century College Department of Public Safety website at https://www.century.edu/home/public-safety
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can contact the Century College Department of Public Safety on East Campus room E1392 or by calling (651) 747-4000.
Link to Century College's Non-Discrimination Statement:
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical ($35.04 per month single and $239.02 per month family) and dental insurance with low deductibles ($150 - $1500), a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
Posting Number: F049P
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/04/2021
Close Date: 06/20/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Accept Applications: Yes
Posting Contact: Kim Claggett / firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Minnesota State system, along with Century College, is committed to equality of opportunity in employment. This includes recruitment, selection, training, promotion and all other benefits in college and university employment. Learn more about equity and inclusion at Minnesota State.