Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position: No
Posting Number: 202100511AP
Position Type: Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Prof/Indiv Contrib II
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Hours/Week: 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas. https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-afap.pdf.To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on
Description of Work Unit
Colorado State University
Colorado State University is a public research university founded in 1870 and located in Fort Collins, in the U.S. state of Colorado. The university is the state's land-grant university, and the Flagship University of the Colorado State University System. As a land-grant institution, it is in the DNA of Colorado State University to promote education to anyone with the motivation and ability to earn a degree.
Our State is Colorado, but our Colorado State University Rams are built on a global scale. We unite in Fort Collins, where our diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences strengthen our community. Fort Collins is a community that blends education and industry, hard work and recreation, tradition and progress. True to our land-grant beginnings, we're focused on practical solutions for today and tomorrow.
Colorado State University employs over 7,000 full and part-time faculty, exempt and non-exempt professionals, and classified staff. The current enrollment is approximately 33,058 students, including resident and non-resident instruction students. The University has approximately 2,000 faculty in eight colleges and 55 academic departments. Colorado State University, also known as CSU, offers more than 150 degrees in eight colleges. Bachelor's degrees are offered in 65 fields of study, with master's degrees in 55 fields. Colorado State confers doctoral degrees in 40 fields of study, in addition to a professional degree in veterinary medicine.
Colorado State University is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. For the health of our university community, the use of smoking, vaping or tobacco products is prohibited on CSU grounds or in buildings.
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees: https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-afap.pdf.
CSU Health Network
The CSU Health Network at Colorado State University provides a full range of cost-effective mental health and primary care medical services on campus, referral for community specialty care, and comprehensive health education and prevention services programming. Services such as physical therapy, dentistry, and optometry are available. The CSU Health Network is active in creating a healthy campus environment to support learning and success. For more information about the CSU Health Network at Colorado State University, see http://www.health.colostate.edu.
The Medical Clinic at the CSU Health Network provides acute and chronic care to CSU students by appointments and on a walk-in basis for urgent concerns. Primary care physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners care for students, with emphasis on preventive care, education, and continuity. The medical staff are supported by a full range of laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, physical therapy, psychiatry, optometry, and nutrition services on site, and integrated care with counseling staff enhances the treatment of students with behavioral health concerns. Minor procedures are performed in the clinic. The Medical Clinic provides services between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, providing attractive work schedules for staff.
The Registered Nurse assists in the delivery of safe health care to university students who present to the CSU Health Network in the Medical Clinic. This position is a Registered Nurse that will work in the medical clinic as a team nurse who provides medical nursing care for a team of providers. This position must be flexible to work in a variety of clinics (acute care, primary care, women and gender care, immunizations, or allergy) as the needs arise to complete patient care.
This position reports directly to the Nurse Manager and will work a varying full-time schedule Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:30-6:00 or depending on patient variables.
- Possession of current Registered Nurse license through the State of Colorado or compact
- Current certification in AHA approved Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university AND Associate Degree in Nursing; or
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university
- One year of nursing experience in direct patient care
- Experience in urgent care, university health clinic, or other outpatient setting
- Experience caring for diverse populations, including diverse religious/spiritual beliefs; racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds; and diverse sexual orientations and gender identities
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team
- Experience providing clinical services to a college student population
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to analyze policies, programs, and initiatives to make recommendations for quality improvement
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.Job Duty Category: Nursing Duties
- Obtains vital signs and uses critical thinking to assess patient acuity
- Obtains and documents patient chief complaint and patient medical history
- Prepares patient for provider visit by gathering needed supplies and equipment, and performing appropriate Point of Care testing
- Executes standing orders (for example, x-rays and medications) appropriately and timely
- Assists providers with procedures (implements and assists clean or sterile technique)
- Provides prescribed care (administration of medications, various treatments such as nebulizer)
- Obtains prescribed testing and or specimens which assists in assessment of health (EKG, audiograms)
- Performs nursing care and treatments (such as wound and burn care)
- Notifies patients of laboratory results, prescription refills, or inquiries about follow up appointments
- Provides prescribed care to infirmary patients, including but not limited to starting and monitoring IV fluids, administering IV or IM medications, and preparing patients for transport to the hospital
- Notifies providers of health care findings in a concise and timely manner by collaborating with care provider and by documenting in the electronic health record
- Acts as a telephone resource when patients call in with health questions or concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Duty Category: Additional Duties
- Ensures own professional needs by participating in educational programs and by networking with colleagues
- Provides educational opportunities for other nursing students by acting as a preceptor when requested by supervisor
- Promotes wellness and positive lifestyle behaviors by participating in clinical and campus outreach programs
- Acts as a resource and mentor to Medical Assistants (MA's) and other co-workers by modeling professional and positive behaviors
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants needing assistance to submit application materials may contact Serena Henson at Serena.Henson@colostate.edu.
Complete applications must include:
- A cover letter addressing Required Job Qualifications, Preferred Job Qualifications and Essential Job Duties
- Contact information for three (3) professional references within your application
For full consideration, complete applications must be received by 11:59 pm Mountain Time on Sunday, June 13, 2021.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Special Requirements/Other - For the protection of patients and staff, the CSU Health Network follows CDC guidelines for employee health. Vaccinations must be up-to-date according to CSU Health Network Employee Health policy, or you must be willing to become current with requirements
Serena Henson, Serena.Henson@colostate.edu
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, email@example.com.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.Minimum References Requested
Maximum References Requested