’62 Center for Theatre and Dance
The ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance at Williams College seeks a full-time, academic year Production Technician to join our production team. This position reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with the Theatre Production Manager, Dance Production Manager, and Sound and Media Manager. The Production Technician will prepare performance venues and equipment for rehearsals, classes and public events, and assist other Staff in the presentation of selected events.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, ability, and religion.
- Work with Production Staff to install and maintain lighting, sound, and video systems and equipment
- Run selected lectures and events
- Provide support for technical rehearsals and performances
- Supervise student and professional crews
- Assist student artists in realizing a design using available resources
- Experience with lighting equipment, ability to read and understand lighting paperwork and schematics
- Experience with sound, including ability to mix multiple lavalier microphones and work with QLab
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- You share our commitment to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment
For optimal consideration please submit a cover letter and résumé by June 15, 2021, review of materials will continue until filled. Preferred start mid-August with some flexibility on timing. Pay starts at $20/hour, commensurate with experience. Job Band 19.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.To apply for this position, please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.