Special Assistant to the Director of Athletics
Kennesaw State University
Athletics and Coaching
Job ID: 227369
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Performs special duties in areas of identified critical needs and on special projects as requested by the Director of Athletics. Contributes to the development and implementation of Athletics' external fundraising priorities, strategies, and prospects. Has the authority to perform these functions and duties in accordance with policies, federal, NCAA, and conference regulations and established procedures.
- Assists in the oversight, operations, and administration of athletic department-controlled facilities
- Assists with Game Day Operations and provide additional sports administration support as needed
- Identifies, engages, cultivates, solicits, and stewards current and prospective donors to expand the financial support of KSU Athletics
- Conducts and coordinates face-to-face visits, cultivation events, and other activities to build meaningful personal relationships with donors including the production of virtual, local, and regional donor events
- Guides the development of personalized donor proposals, presentations, and reports as needed, aligning the donor's areas of interest with KSU Athletic programs and objectives
- Works independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors
- Assists with the planning, organization, coordination, and execution of KSU Football athletic events management and post-season championships hosted by KSU.
- Represents the Athletic Director with campus/university committee meetings examples: KSU Hall of Fame Committee and the ASUN Conference Hall of Fame Committee
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of relevant experience in intercollegiate athletics
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
- Previous experience with collegiate athletics administrative programs
- Proven experience in cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of five and six-figure financial gifts.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge base of KSU stakeholder, constituents, athletics alumni
- Knowledge of football scheduling best practices
- Ability to execute scheduling contracts as needed by the department
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education + MVR
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=227369&PostingSeq=1