Program Coordinator - Dean's Office Operations
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 226962
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.
- Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or area(s)
- Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s)
- Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program activities
- Provides and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
- Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals
- Prepares and delivers program presentations and collateral for program and events
- Coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
- Coordinates and monitors social media presence and program outreach
- May supervise and/or lead staff and/or students assistants, as assigned
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Dean's Office. Serves as primary point of contact for the Dean's Office
- Assists leadership with the development and implementation of various projects, programs, and initiatives
- Manages large scale college-wide events
- Creation and preservation of all data records, processing DocuSign documents, collecting data and updating files and records
- Provides executive level administrative support and calendar management for Associate Deans and Dean
- Handles the purchasing processes with e-pro and p-card, processes invoices and reimbursements in electronic systems, submits contracts for approval and vendor registrations as needed
- Communicates to internal and external constituents, including managing listservs and databases, and designs emails in Mailchimp
- Submits updates to website as needed
- Executes and monitors college level policies and procedures
- Coordinates logistics for furniture and/or technology moves, surplus, and renovation projects
- Purchase office supplies, using an issued p-card.
- Key Card Access.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
One (1) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please refer to the department Position Description Addendum for specific duties as it relates to the assigned department, division, unit and/or college
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to devise, develop, collect and analyze statistical information and reports
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Ability to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgments
Demonstrated professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focus
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- Experience in planning/coordinating large scale events
- Administrative experience in higher education
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not require any travel
- Standard Enhanced + Education
- P-Card credit check