Community Coordinator (Pool Posting)
Kennesaw State University
Residence Life and Housing
Job ID: 227367
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Support s the Area Manager for Residence life in the general oversight of the Residence Life program for assigned residential community. The Community Coordinator will provide support through direct supervision of Resident Assistants, general administration, community development, crisis management and collaboration with operations and facilities staff. The Community Coordinator will also provide guidance to residents and serve as the primary conduct officer for their assigned community through reviewing and adjudicating student conduct cases.
- Provides supervision, training, and evaluation of Resident Assistants
- Assesses student and community institutional support needs and create and implement programming designed to address those needs
- Communicates, interprets, supports and enforces department and university policies to staff and students
- Provides complex and high-level crisis management interventions for live-in students
- Functions as primary hearing officer for high level student conduct violation hearings including second offenses, drug allegations, etc.
- Participates in planning and implementation of a curricular model for residential student experience
- Serves on departmental and institutional committees and task forces designed to drive student engagement across campus and participates in professional development activities
- Total management of annual budget to include ownership of budget and decision-making regarding expenditures and requests and prepares monthly engagement reports
- Maintains accessibility to staff and residents beyond traditional office hours (i.e. university events, department programming, meetings
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
One (1) year of related experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Student Personnel, Higher Education or related field
Previous leadership and supervisory experience Experience in Residence Life or Student Affairs
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Able to supervise Resident Assistants and Student Assistants
- Able to navigate crisis management scenarios involving problem solving and critical thinking
- Able to communicate with residents and resident assistants regarding the management of their residential living spaces
- Able to interpret and enforce policies and procedures
- Able to promote and support the department and University's mission and goals
- Provides rotating on-call emergency assistance as live-in Residence Life staff member
- Demonstrates ability to develop relationships with others and work in partnership with staff, faculty, administrators, and student leaders
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of implementing best practices related to student engagement
- Skilled in implementing community-building techniques for residential students
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong phone etiquette and customer service, analytical thinking and decision-making skills
Revenue Generated: Funding for this position is based upon revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel over 75% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV