Director, Financial Aid
JOB SUMMARY: Lead the office of Financial Aid and administer a student financial aid program consisting of federal, state, and local funds exceeding $90 million annually. Plan, develop and implement district-wide financial aid, scholarship, and student employment programs. Supervise all activities related to student financial aid. Establish procedures for and keep records on transactions with students, ensure effective and efficient use of automated financial aid management systems, prepare or supervise the preparation of all required and ad hoc reports related to the operation of the office and ensure that the College’s use of funds is in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Manage federal, state and institutional financial aid, student employment, and veteran aid programs district-wide. Remain current on all federal and state laws and regulations that pertain to the programs administered by the office, implementing and/or modifying office procedures to comply with those laws and regulations, making certain that all required reports are prepared accurately and in a timely manner. Interpret federal and state guidelines to ensure program compliance. Prepare and recommend annual funding levels to the U.S. Department of Education for Federal College Work-Study and Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grants funds.
Develop and monitor the compliance of the district-wide financial aid policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state and institutional regulations.
Supervise departmental staff, recommend personnel actions related to hiring, compensation, performance evaluations, training, leaves, discipline, grievances, work schedules and assignments, administers personnel and related policies and procedures. Develop and monitor the compliance of the district-wide financial aid policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state and institutional regulations.
Contribute to the accomplishment of enrollment management objectives by recommending data-driven financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with those objectives and by administering financial aid, scholarship, and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention.
Provide financial aid training for district financial aid and student services staff.
Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of progressively responsible professional financial aid experience in a postsecondary educational institution including two years of supervisory experience. (A Master’s degree may substitute for two years of financial aid experience).
- Experience with federal financial aid regulations.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, automated financial aid systems.
- Demonstrated competency in budget planning and management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Knowledge of current software applications.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Professional experience in a community college.
Spoken and written proficiency in a foreign language.
- Lift Floor to Waist < 10 lbs
- Carry < 10 lbs x 100 ft
- Push/pull horizontal 10 lbs x 18 in
- Lateral Pinch
- Forward reach
- Neck Flexion, Extension & Rotation
- Fine Motor Coordination
- Hand & Foot Coordination
- Ability to be Mobile
Mobility accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and determined by the essential functions of this position.
Physical Demand Category: Light