Program Assistant - Quest
Walla Walla Community College
Walla Walla Community College
Salary: $18.07 - $23.40 Hourly
Job Number: 2024 107M PT
Location: Walla Walla, WA
Department: CONTINUING & COMMUNITY ED
Join our team to help inspire all students to discover their potential and achieve their goals by providing relevant, equitable, and innovative learning opportunities and services.
Walla Walla Community College is accepting applications to fill the part-time role of Program Assistant for the Quest program on the Walla Walla Campus.
At Walla Walla Community College, we inspire all students to discover their potential and achieve their goals by providing relevant, equitable, and innovative learning opportunities and services. We have identified three core themes that describe the fundamental aspects of the College's mission by translating it into practice: Student Success, Strong Communities, and Resource Stewardship. As an organization, we value learning opportunities, a sense of community, diversity, health and humor, excellence, integrity, teamwork, innovation, personal and professional growth, and sustainability.
The Quest Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in serving WWCC's Continuing and Community Education department by providing clerical support and assisting with the Quest Program. Quest is an educational membership institute for active learners 50+ years of age, offering a variety of classes free of tests, grades, and credits. The Quest Administrative Assistant will provide customer service and receptionist support to Quest members, general clerical support for the Quest Program, and assistance with miscellaneous Quest events and projects.
Provides customer service and receptionist support for Quest members
- Serve as point of contact for students & instructors. Provide program-specific information via email, phone, and in-person communication.
- Assist with drafting informational/marketing emails, catalogs, & flyers.
- Assist with drafting class descriptions.
- Prepare instructor packets and other class materials.
- Process orders for classes, incl. registering, transferring, and dropping students. into/out of classes and taking payments for such.
- Maintain and update student & instructor profiles and contact lists.
- Prepare, distribute, and compile results data for class evaluations.
- Assist with the preparation and cleanup of Quest Socials.
- Complete other miscellaneous projects and/or odd jobs as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Excellent communication skills across various cultures and education levels while using written, electronic, and verbal methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural humility; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the college, the community, industry, and media contacts
- Ability to represent the College in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to assume responsibility and deal effectively with problems; exercise good judgment when making decisions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with different constituents (verbal and written)
- Ability to write, review, interpret, and apply information related to documents (printed and electronic)
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and creative
- Strong organizational skills
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of full-time clerical experience OR equivalent education/experience.
- Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) within 6 months of employment
- An associate's degree from an accredited college or university; professional experience may substitute for education requirements at the discretion of the College.
- Higher education work experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
This part-time temporary position (up to 17-hours per week) is located at the Walla Walla Campus.
Work is performed almost exclusively in an office setting and classrooms. Duties require the use of standard office furniture and equipment (e.g. desk, filing cabinet, computer, printer, telephone, copy machine, etc.). Some travel may be required, and is typically local or regional, to attend training. This position interacts daily with program participants, instructors, and WWCC staff
Vacation, sick leave and personal leave benefits are available on a pro-rated basis.
Persons hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of lawful authorization to work in the United States within three (3) days of employment. WWCC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Candidates may be subject to a criminal history background check as a condition of employment. Information from the background check may not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. WWCC requires all employees to participate in direct deposit for payment of salary. WWCC is a tobacco free campus.
Required Application Materials
This position is posted as open until filled. Applications are screened as received. To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required qualifications and submit a complete application packet that includes the following:
- Online NEOGOV application
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
- Unofficial Transcripts (if applicable)
WWCC reserves the right to not fill this position, reject all applicants, or reopen the position. Applications received during this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies at the College's discretion.
Walla Walla Community College is committed to provide equal opportunity and nondiscrimination for all educational and employment applicants as well as for its students and employed staff, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, including gender expression/identity, marital status, age (over 40), the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, the use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, or status as a Vietnam and/or disabled veteran, National Guard member or reservist in accordance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Federal Rehabilitation of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and any other applicable Federal and Washington State laws against discrimination. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities. If you need accommodations in the application/employment process, please contact Brooke Marshall, JD/Vice President of Human Resources/Title IX Coordinator/Section 504 Compliance (509) 527-4300 - TDD (509) 527-4412, email email@example.com, address: 500 Tausick Way, Walla Walla WA, 99362.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/wwcc/jobs/4386665/program-assistant-quest