Outreach, Enrollment and Support Specialist, Missoula College
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com*.
Missoula College invites applications for an Outreach, Enrollment and Support Specialist to join their team.
Under minimal supervision of the Missoula College Director of Trades Education the Outreach, Enrollment & Support Specialist will work independently to:
- Be responsible for coordinating all aspects of outreach, marketing, and recruitment to inform students and community partners of the services CDL-MT offers. Partners include, but are not limited to, Industry Partners, Local and State Employment Services, Montana University System Program, K-12 schools, workforce, and parents, counselors, and campus wide departments, and professional organizations.
- Assist all potential trainees with CDL-MT Program Registration, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration registration process, and all required intake requirements to secure a spot in a training cohort across all CDL-MT training sites.
- Assist all potential trainees in completing any required Entry Level Driving training required to obtain the CDL Learner’s permit, schedule any in class training, and all on the road driving training time.
- Be responsible for identifying all public and private opportunities for student tuition funding, developing familiarity with the funding application processes, requirements, and providing assistance to potential trainees in obtaining funding
- Develop process and procedure to ensure accurate scheduling of drive time for trainees with CDL-MT driving Instructors.
- Support the development and updates of a dynamic website and social media platforms to publicize and recruit potential CDL-MT trainees throughout surrounding communities, institution, and other related events.
- Support and collaborate with other staff, driving Instructors, and institutional partners to execute the program of CDL-MT effectively and efficiently.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and proof of insurance.
- Must possess strong knowledge of office procedures, methods, and practices and be detail oriented.
- Possess strong computer skills (Access Database, PPT, Outlook, MS Word, and Excel or other).
- Demonstrate the ability to write concise and well-written case notes, reports, summaries.
- Must foster a positive team environment.
- Ability to work with people with different workstyles to accomplish tasks and function well under pressure is essential.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work without constant supervision is required.
- Must be able to anticipate and adapt quickly to program and student needs to fulfill program objectives.
- Ability to multitask and produce high-quality results in a high-paced work environment is required.
- Some travel, evening and weekend work is required.
- Associates Degree or three (3) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two (2) years of experience in pre-college, K12, industry training or other outreach programs.
- Ability to understand and interpret the needs of economically disadvantaged, first -generation or ethnically diverse/multicultural trainees.
- Ability to engage in public speaking and/or presentations for program representation and recruitment.
CDL Montana (CDL-MT) is a program of the University of Montana, with training sites at Missoula College and the Bitterroot Campus providing education, training, and testing for candidates seeking their State of Montana Commercial Driver’s License. CDL-MT is a leader in Western Montana, and currently experiencing significant growth and success. The Outreach, Enrollment & Support Specialist will serve as an integral member of the team to provide full support services to candidates and to the CDL Driving Instructor Team.
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action: Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Outreach, Enrollment & Support Specialist (Program Coordinator II)
Position Number: 097780
Department: Missoula College
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Remote and flex schedule options to be arranged, some nights & weekend work may occasionally be required. Minimum two days a week on-site at CDL-MT. (Travel in Western Montana up to 20%) Candidate must be living or willing to relocate to Western Montana.
Salary: $18.585/hr. Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, March 10, 2024 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials.
Please submit the following application materials** via the UM Jobs portal and by clicking "New Resume/CV" button. Please do not apply through Indeed.com*.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
*Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
**Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.Position Type