Assistant Web Manager
Position Title: Assistant Web Manager # of Positions to Fill: 1 Department/Program: Marketing & Communications Remote Work Authorization: Hybrid or Remote Campus Location: Arapahoe Campus Reports to: Web Manager FLSA Classification: Non-exempt/hourly FTE: 50% (20 hours per week) Compensation: $26.50 - $30.50 depending on experience
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024
Naropa University, a leading voice in mindfulness and contemplative education, seeks a seasoned and reliable Assistant Web Manager to join our Communications & Marketing team. This part-time (20-25 hours/week) hybrid role offers the opportunity to leverage your SharePoint expertise to enhance internal communication and collaboration within our vibrant campus community.
As the Assistant Web Manager, you’ll be responsible to support and maintain the Naropa intranet, MyNaropa. As an information source, MyNaropa serves accepted students, registered students, faculty, and staff. The audience for the information on MyNaropa is largely internal, though there is some access provided to the public as well. Collaboration with the Web Manager will be critical and constant.
The Assistant Web Manager will coordinate content creation and updates from the subject matter experts within staff and academic departments, working with established page templates and adding functionality as necessary. The intranet was built by the current Web Manager, and there are resources within IT and a SharePoint consultant to be utilized if needed, as well.
Key to your success will be time management, interpersonal skills that embody Naropa’s values, organization of multiple concurrent projects, and your ability to work within a fast-paced team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
o Maintain Naropa’s intranet, MyNaropa, built on MS Sharepoint.
o Design, build, test, and implement new features, workflows, and automation to optimize user experience and information flow.o Use advanced data analysis tools or techniques like A/B testing or heatmaps to develop access and usage reports to monitor accessibility and utilization of the content, forms, and functionality of the site.
o Leveraging data analysis and your developer skills, actively improve the user experience and increase utilization the intranet in order to optimize the ROI of SharePoint.
o Maintain and manage the list of distributed content owners and stay in communication with them on how well their content is being utilized.o Work with the Web Manager and the content managers to create and maintain a calendar to review and update content as necessary.
o Provide SharePoint training and support to faculty, staff, and students.
o Develop online training for new content managers using Canvas, Naropa’s LMS.
o Respond to and troubleshoot all SharePoint-related issues.
o Ensure full compliance of the website with all pertinent laws and regulations.o Maintain a consistent look and feel across all pages of the intranet.
o Maintain a strong relationship with IT, attending bi-weekly meetings with the Helpdesk team.
o Monitor and respond to helpdesk tickets for intranet questions, suggestions, and edits.
o Provide the Marketing and Communications team with data analysis on site usage, production needs, project timelines, etc.
o Assist with website and intranet development projects as needed.o Prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
o Communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
What Naropa Requires…
· All job candidates must hold a commitment to co-create a diverse and inclusive community and actively participate in related JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) professional development regarding the dynamics of privilege and oppression and the impact these have in the workplace.
· All job candidates must demonstrate their level of understanding of the dynamics of privilege and oppression, and the impact these have on equity, access, and opportunity.
· All job candidates must demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of and appreciation for the values of Naropa University and the capacity to demonstrate an integration and embodiment of these values as evidenced in work, communication, collaboration styles, and other general workplace behaviors.
Educational requirement:· None, experience is more important than generic academic credentials
Minimum length of prior applicable professional experience required:
· Proven experience managing and maintaining Sharepoint intranets (minimum 5 years).
Strong working understanding of SharePoint features, functionality, and best practices.
May prior relevant experience substitute for degree? (If yes, please explain.) Yes The only credential this position requires is hands-on experience, not academic credits.
Other Experience, Knowledge, Skills, or Competencies Requirements?
· Clear and concise writing and reporting skills.
· Confidence in using project management techniques and software to stay organized and accountable.
· Comfortable with the work that content producers do, specifically the timelines, resources needed, deliverables, and fulfillment options.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Detail-oriented and organized with a proactive approach.
· Experience in higher education and/or non-profit communication preferred.
· Experience with content management systems and web development tools a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of standard office procedures and productivity software such as Microsoft Office, MS Teams, and various video conferencing platforms.
What We’d Like You to Have…
· Experience managing creative projects.
· Ability to use marketing analytics to advise on content development decisions.
· Experience managing a complex calendar of deadlines and deliverables.
Naropa recognizes the following holidays throughout the year:
-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Fall Break (4th Thursday and Friday in November), Winter Break (the last two weeks in December encompassing the Christmas holiday as well as New Year’s).
Naropa’s health and welfare benefits include the following: medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment, an employer-sponsored pre-tax retirement savings plan, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching, and a variety of voluntary, employee-paid supplemental insurance plans.
A comprehensive benefits package is available to full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours each week.
Employees who work 20 – 29 hours each week are eligible for only the employer-paid short-term & long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance & accidental death and dismemberment, and the retirement plan, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching.
Employees who work fewer than 20 hours per week are eligible to participate in Naropa’s retirement plan only, which includes up to 2.5% employer matching.
All regular full-time and part-time faculty and staff, including student workers, accrue sick leave benefits.
Full-time and part-time staff positions accrue vacation and personal time. All leave accrual rates vary based on the position, hours worked, and years of service.T
he University recognizes the importance of including its employees in its organizational mission and values and welcomes employees into the classroom to “touch the magic.” Specifically, regular employees are provided generous tuition remission opportunities for themselves and their family members.Naropa University participates in the Council of Independent Colleges Tuition Exchange Program (CIC-TEP). CIC-TEP is a network of CIC colleges and universities willing to accept, tuition-free, students from families of full-time employees of other CIC participating institutions (full-time as designated by the employer/institution).
Additional information can be found here: https://www.cic.edu/member-services/tuition-exchange-program .